Can cruise control be retro fitted to my MK4 Ibiza

ashlez

Oct 6, 2014
Thought this post might help others when trying to identify their module.

From the research I have done the following can be noted (see attached pictures)

-All 6Q2 modules regardless of the age of the car they came from have a bank of plugs in the center and a bank on plugs at one edge.
-Early 6Q0 and 6Q1 modules have a bank of plugs at each edge.
-Later 6Q0 and 6Q1 modules (looks to be around 2006/2007 onwards) have the same plug layout as 6Q2 modules (i.e bank of plugs in the center and a bank of plugs at one edge)

Essentially you can't rely on the plug positioning. The best and only way to check for sure is to actually look at the part number on the unit or use VAG-COM to get the part number.

Sorry about the links - it's my first post so it wouldn't let me put them in properly.

Later - 6Q0 (same pic for 6Q1)
oi58.tinypic.com/sawc93.jpg

Early - 6Q1 (same pic for 6Q0)
oi59.tinypic.com/2yo7uiw.jpg

6Q2
oi57.tinypic.com/213qbs8.jpg

Last edited:

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, on VCDS which part am i looking for?

ABS Brakes 6Q0 907 379 AF
Central Electrics 6Q2 937 049 F
Central Convenience 6Q0 959 433 E
Steering Assist 6Q0 423 156 AB

KrisC

Aug 3, 2015
Can the Fabia stalks be used? Slightly different shape but all the same buttons etc and most come with Cruise. Also loads cheaper

sk1234

FR Ibiza
May 7, 2017
West Midlands
Cruise control needed

Hi guys, is there anyone around west midlands or someone not too far away from me that could fit cruise control for me? I have just recently started to do long journeys often, did not really know that I would now need it
I have an Ibiza FR 5 door, facelifted 2007, is it possible for cruise to be fitted on this?
Thank you.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Just as a quick FYI for those interested......
I've just got back from Worcester ((from Southsea) to have Ross (Techie on here) fit C/C to my 06
Mk4 TDI pd130.
Firstly, he's a great guy and bless him will even get to work at an obscene time in the Morning to accommodate his Punters ��.
Secondly, I don't think there's an inch of VAG products he doesn't know like the back of his hand.
Thirdly, he does a cracking job quickly and efficiently.
From lifting the bonnet to driving away with Cruise installed and working perfectly was a smidge over
a couple hours.
Some above seem reluctant to drive a few miles. Well, my round trip this Morning was 300 miles and
I wouldn't hesitate to do the journey again as and when I need spanners waving over her again.
Best thing I've spent money on in the last few months.
Cheers
��

Last edited:

me

Oct 19, 2017
Hi all!

I've got a Ibiza FR 20VT from 2005, and I would like to install the cruise control in the car.

I have the MFA already, and it's a 6Q1 version I've got.

Can someone please confirm that it is these two parts I need?

NEW OEM SKODA VW SEAT CRUISE CONTROL MFA+ RETROFIT SET 6Q0953513G
Part number: 6Q0953513G 9B9
URL: vwmodul.de

Cruise Control - Harness - VW Polo 9N , Seat Ibiza 6L
URL: Kufatec.de

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.