Can Gateway Upgrade for RNS - There ARE different locations!

Hey folks,

Well, there I was, armed with a new CAN-Gateway 7N0 907 530H (This is newer than the AD versions etc)

Followed this guide, thinking i'd find the gateway;
http://www.r32oc.com/tutorials-guide...n-removal.html

Lo and behold, after all that, undid the little cabin hatch...NO CAN GATEWAY! The holder is there, but it's not there!

...So, stuck my head under the pedal area, and there it was, above the clutch pedal REALLY high up and VERY hard to access.

Having done this on my Golf MK5 before, I have experienced the pain of it, and my Golf was DSG so I had a bit more space (no clutch pedal) but because my Leon is manual, it was literally ridiculous, laying on your back, head forced against the underside of the pedals looking up into a tiny cabin area, only room for one hand, no room for manoeuvring.

When I say room for one hand, I barely mean it, as you WILL scratch the absolute crap outta your hands and there will be a lot of blood as there are sharp objects sticking out everywhere in that area, I have counted around 60 cuts across both hands.

Anyway, I got it changed in the end, after nearly giving up as it was just too hard and cramped a space - I really don't recommend anyone does it unless they absolutely must.

Mine is a 2006 '06' model, so im guessing those and earlier models, have the Can Gateway above the pedals and NOT where the R32 guide says - the R32 area would have been MUCH easier!

Anyway, it's in, coded, I now have my phone display on the MFD as well as an Audio display showing the radio station / what track the MDI is playing.

At least I can now upgrade to the latest RNS firmware, having fitted an LED RNS510.

So there you go folks... I am happy to offer advice but it really, REALLY is a painful experience.

...But no it doesn't fix the Clock-Shift!

Last edited:

densil

Feb 22, 2007
Good work getting it changed, absolute mission! Can't understand the clock shift issue. Guess it must be the actual MFD that is the issue!

It must be but my Golf had the same MFD, so I don't think it's a font size issue, there has to be something else causing it.

That said I haven't disconnected the battery of the car... But would assume it would have just been in place with the new gateway if it was going to work from the start.

It was a mission mate - and a pain having to do the original part and finding it wasn't there! My driver side wiper does not go fully back in to place anymore! So I need to take it off and re-adjust it again!

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
Hey folks,

Well, there I was, armed with a new CAN-Gateway 7N0 907 530H (This is newer than the AD versions etc)

Lo and behold, after all that, undid the little cabin hatch...NO CAN GATEWAY! The holder is there, but it's not there!

...So, stuck my head under the pedal area, and there it was, above the clutch pedal REALLY high up and VERY hard to access.

Having done this on my Golf MK5 before, I have experienced the pain of it, and my Golf was DSG so I had a bit more space (no clutch pedal) but because my Leon is manual, it was literally ridiculous, laying on your back, head forced against the underside of the pedals looking up into a tiny cabin area, only room for one hand, no room for manoeuvring.

When I say room for one hand, I barely mean it, as you WILL scratch the absolute crap outta your hands and there will be a lot of blood as there are sharp objects sticking out everywhere in that area, I have counted around 60 cuts across both hands.

Anyway, I got it changed in the end, after nearly giving up as it was just too hard and cramped a space - I really don't recommend anyone does it unless they absolutely must.

Mine is a 2006 '06' model, so im guessing those and earlier models, have the Can Gateway above the pedals and NOT where the R32 guide says - the R32 area would have been MUCH easier!

Anyway, it's in, coded, I now have my phone display on the MFD as well as an Audio display showing the radio station / what track the MDI is playing.

At least I can now upgrade to the latest RNS firmware, having fitted an LED RNS510.

So there you go folks... I am happy to offer advice but it really, REALLY is a painful experience.

Sounds like a right pain! I've got an 06 plate as well and need to change the gateway to be able to update my rns firmware and so that the optical parking sensors that I plan to fit are supported.

I really hope it's not above the clutch peddle as you describe. I've been putting this off for ages as I was hoping that somebody would confirm the location of the gateway.

It will be mate and it's an absolute pain, as the red connector that clips into the Gateway has one of those push clip things on, and as you can only get one hand in that area, trying to get to it, pull the connector off and do all what's needed is nearly impossible.

All I will say is, BE AGGRESSIVE with it!

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
I found my gateway location and I am not pleased!

It's on the same location as the OP, about 300mm above the clutch peddle.

It's going to be so much fun to change !

Oct 16, 2020
Hey folks,

Hi I have a 56 plate Leon and I can't get rid of these codes which I think are related to the CAN-Gateway. Perhaps you could shed some light on the issue.

Fault code:
02071 - Local Databus: No signal/ Communication

00153 - Windshield Wiper Motor/ Driver side (V216) No Signal/ Communication

Passenger wiper motor was changed and now they both don't work and its the correct new motor.

Oct 13, 2019
I have a code 02071 local databus but my rear lights are playing up when I turn my side lights on my left and right break light and rear fog light comes on with the side lights ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise