Can I adjust the pedals.....causing leg strain

samking1989

I have had the Leon cupra tdi a few weeks now and still finding it uncomfortable as I am over 6 foot with long legs, I am getting leg pain/strain from the position of the accelerator and brake pedals so

Can I adjust them lower down or is there some kind of shorter pedal kit available

Any help is much apprechiated

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
There's not - but what position have you got the seat in?

I'm the same size, with lanky legs too and didn't really suffer too much in the Leon

samking1989

I have the leather electric seats, they are very hard. Not sure how to describe the position I have them but I try to sit upright so my back is straight and pushed back into the seat, I have it tilted back slightly and lower down.

Also getting very bad back pain which I never had in my Celica, I have a twisted spine so it's hard not to slouch and a trapped nerve. These problems have not bothered me for the last year sitting in the gen 7 Celica as the driving position was lower down with the legs stretched out more and also the pedals was a lot lower to the floor.

Maybe I need to get some different seats

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Same seat as ours.

I found as low as possible, tilt the front up to support my legs & the back as upright as possible to get the desired reach (the base was adjusted to suit my legs)

The steering wheel was as far back as possible towards my chest.

The main thing for me is because my feet are pretty big my legs don't need to move & I get full range of travel from my ankles when driving

Same seat as ours.

I found as low as possible, tilt the front up to support my legs & the back as upright as possible to get the desired reach (the base was adjusted to suit my legs)

The steering wheel was as far back as possible towards my chest.

The main thing for me is because my feet are pretty big my legs don't need to move & I get full range of travel from my ankles when driving

+1 this is the most comfortable driving position for me.... I'm 6 foot 7 with size 12 feet and I've never had an uncomfortable drive yet! Just a matter of finding a seat/ steering wheel combination that's comfortable for you!

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
i have electric leather seats, 6ft 3" and i have the bottom cushion at its lowest and tilted all the way back so my arse is at its lowest point and my knees at its highest, lumbard support all the way out, steering wheel pushed all the way in and at its highest. that suits me best and very comfy on long journeys

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.