Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
ok

ive got a boc.

60 plate **** all miles on the clock

bought in feb.

dealer said should see 35-40 average.

i dont, i see 22. (30£ vpower=20L=100miles

doesnt matter if im driving in town, but does go up a bit when im on the motorway.

can i get my money back/swap the car in because it doesnt do teh stated mpg?

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
Almost no car really makes it, because of that retarded outdated way the car companies can measure this.

You should be able to get closer than that tho :p

dthorb

You must have a heavy right foot, I get anywhere between 32-37 mpg in my boca and around 40 mpg down the motorway.

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
yup back.of using the turbo.and supercharger. i managed roughly 36 with a nice mix of driving styles. you will have no chance of returning it.

Aug 3, 2011
Got to be your driving buddy if mechanically it seems fine. tell dealer you think its not doing enough and they might have an update for the ECU

Even my New ST is getting 27mpg!

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
Got to be your driving buddy if mechanically it seems fine. tell dealer you think its not doing enough and they might have an update for the ECU

Even my New ST is getting 27mpg!

sorry to thread hijack but how is the st mate?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
yeah motorway i have no problem getting higher numbers but honestly round town its abismal!

also how are you supposed to stay off boost, there is a supercharger and a turbo! your always on boost!!!

if im in town it gets left in d and i drive sensibly! no hooning it! still shite mpg

fml never mind.

Aug 3, 2011
It only activates charger when requested. But you should get better numbers, I'd get the dealer to look into it, could be dodgy MAF so Your cars dumping more petrol in or anything

BaldyDave

Mildly Deranged...
Aug 12, 2011
Central Belt Scotland
If you are convinced that something's not right with the economy, I recommend you book it into a Seat dealer and ask them to look into it. Could be a dodgy sensor or something. If they say the car is fine, then the chances are that it's either your driving style or the environment you are driving it in when you get the poor economy....

Last edited:
May 19, 2011
i have the 1.4 85ps and as previously stated mine is awful for mpg. For 20 you get 100miles therefore 200 for 40. I get 200 for 50 so you are doing a lot better than me with all that power.

not telling you how to drive but since i got an email from martin lewis on how to save petrol its kind of working for me,

dont tap the accelerator, keep your foot steady on it uses less petrol even at higher speeds. Also i never go over 3000 revs, and yes its boring and will be hard to do in your car but that works also. im nearly getting 40mpg per fill up whereas before only 32

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.