Car alarm issues

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
Anyone had issues with the Ibiza alarm?

just past the two year mark and had next to no issues until the last week, my alarm just goes off for seemingly unknown reason, it’s booked in to the dealer but they can’t see it for a month! Madness

move swapped the key fob I’m using made no difference.

next test is I’ve disconnected the bonnet sensors and I Await to see if it goes off agai
Just wondering if there’s some outstanding issue here?
Had my service a week or so prior to the issues don’t know if it’s related?

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
Anyone had issues with the Ibiza alarm?

just past the two year mark and had next to no issues until the last week, my alarm just goes off for seemingly unknown reason, it’s booked in to the dealer but they can’t see it for a month! Madness

move swapped the key fob I’m using made no difference.

next test is I’ve disconnected the bonnet sensors and I Await to see if it goes off agai
Just wondering if there’s some outstanding issue here?
Had my service a week or so prior to the issues don’t know if it’s related?
Check your battery. My Old Passats alarm went crazy when the battery was on it's way out. With the temps dropping and if it's old, it could be good place to start.

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
Check your battery. My Old Passats alarm went crazy when the battery was on it's way out. With the temps dropping and if it's old, it could be good place to start.

thanks for the reply, it’s only 2 years old as of yesterday, would they not have tested the battery on the service?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
See if there's a way to disable just the interior sensor (like for when you leave a dog in the car). Usually you can just press the lock button again or something.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.