Car insurance

goss008

Dec 26, 2015
Who's insuring with who,my 2014 seat Leon fr 184 insurance gone up £300 since last year I'm 44 with 14 years no claims,I have 3 points for speeding sp50.
It's got to be cheaper,paid £328 last year

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Pointless question, it's different for everyone depending on areas etc. A company who's cheap for one isn't necessarily cheap for another, otherwise we'd all be at the same insurer

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Yeap I'd second Chris knott. Sorted me out when I was struggling with the cupra, give a ring fella

Sent from me by me.

Sainsbury's bank insurance for me, £71/month on my cupra 290 black for premium, not bad considering i've been driving 3 years, and i pay £98/month for my 1.8T GTI currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Chris Knott for me, they usually match or beat your best quotes if you got proof of the quote, on my 3rd year with them

ali831

Apr 19, 2008
hampshire
try one of the comparison sites like moneyspuermarket.com or comparethemarket.com at least you will get a rough idea of prices and you can adjust excess etc to fit what you are willing to pay in the event of a claim

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
try one of the comparison sites like moneyspuermarket.com or comparethemarket.com at least you will get a rough idea of prices and you can adjust excess etc to fit what you are willing to pay in the event of a claim

That ⬆️ and also check insurers like Aviva that the comparison sites don't cover :)

Keyzer Soze

Sep 18, 2016
Newcastle upon Tyne
I know you want a cheap quote, but it's a good idea to check reviews and customer services as well or you could get shafted if you have to change anything or claim on the policy.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I play the insurance merry go round every year to ensure I get the best possible price. U usually find my insurance company increase the renewal by a few hundred and then I do all the comparison sites and armed with quotes inform my insurance company who have always matched the best quote on a like for like basis. a pain in the arse but well worth it as I save £000's . There's no thanks for loyalty in this day and age!

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I know you want a cheap quote, but it's a good idea to check reviews and customer services as well or you could get shafted if you have to change anything or claim on the policy.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Correct! Hastings well know being crap with claims, also heard 1/2 bad stories about direct line

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Correct! Hastings well know being crap with claims, also heard 1/2 bad stories about direct line

I've had the misfortune of having to claim a couple of times during the last 8 years. Both claims with Direct Line Group insurers and on both occasions the claim was processed without hitch even though I opted to use my own preferred repairer.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Recently found press reports to be true, insurance premiums have risen significantly for the same risk

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
There's always a deal out there I found. From a claims point of view it's down to how you let them treat you. I worked for an insurance company so know what should and should not be done so might be 1 step ahead of most.

One principle to follow is if you think something ain't right then pipe up and tell them

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Last year i was with Direct Line,they sent me my renewal £150 more the year before.I shopped about including going on to Direct Line site though Quidco web site as a new customer.Ended up getting £25 off Quidco and £150 off with Direct Line as a new customer so i paid the same as last year.

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Yeah, they do seem to try it on with their renewal premiums. Lost count of the number of times that I have posted them their own renewal notice as proof of NCB for a new policy.

Having said that we have just had the renewal notice from Privilege for the house insurance and so far I have yet to find anyone else that can beat it, even with Quidco cash back factored in.