Car security: to stop your car being driven off?

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
Hello everyone, my dad has just had his van nicked, it was a house burglary initially but they found his keys and took his van, it was full of rather expensive tools and equipment, luckily they didn't spot the keys to his LC in the kitchen.
My question is based on the leon cupra: is it possible to remove the fuel pump relay or something similar every night and si
ply re fit it in the morning to prevent the thieves from actually driving the car away? Any info would be great, I'm really down hearted about the thieving scum, they don't seem to be able to lose these days, they come into your house for the keys, I've now stopped taking my keys upstairs at night now, leave them downstairs it's not worth the confrontation.
Thanks again, 20vroper.

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
Yes, I had a similar alarm on my 2nd mk2gti, it was a sigma alarm and it wasn't that great really, I'm thinking that my dad may get a bit clumsy with the time period you get to enter the pin and I simple relay removal nay be more suitable for him? Not sure? Thanks mate.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I do remember my mate fitting a hidden switch to the fuel pump power, it was a lot easier than pulling a fuse and it was just as effective. Of course, he totally cocked up, wired it up with bell wire and a tiny switch and ended up stuck at the side of the road as it went up in smoke, but the idea is sound.

Just have it tucked under the dash somewhere that can be flicked on and off.

(OK, just realised this is the same as what Ronin posted, so I'll shut up now... :) )

jj2007uk

Aug 2, 2011
Telford
Just out of curiosity, my cars got a revo stage 2 remap on it which was done before I got it... What's this about using revo to immobilise the car??

jj2007uk

Aug 2, 2011
Telford
Ahhh cool cool... My areas not to bad anyway so don't think I really need to
Invest in it, I'm personally eyeing up these liquid gauges not hijacking the thread or anything...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members