Car still not working šŸ˜­

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
So if I ring electricians today and again push for the switch to be checked, is that definitely something to would cause the symptoms the car is having, not starting, not communicating. I don't want to sound stupid
The clutch switch - is actually a hall sensor - so basically a magnet and a coil of wire, when the magnet (in the clutch pedal) moves away or towards the coil of wire (the hall sensor) the ECU can read this change and determine when the clutch pedal is engaged/pushed down to allow engine start.

If this is not working this definitely will not let the engine start, or even crank/turn over. For safety reason so the car can't lurch forward when starting if in gear.

To test it is simple - you need to plug in a (decent) diagnostic interface/computer and can check clutch pedal function/actuation.

Feb 9, 2021
Manchester
So update, I just wanna cry now, iv had enough! Im about to let the thing burn šŸ„“ electrician has rang, they can't do anything for it, said the car has completely immobilised itself, they can't recode it so back to seat we go but they can't get me in for another 3 weeks šŸ˜« I suppose it gives me chance to save up for the extortionate bill im about to receive.

• Sad
Reactions: SuperV8

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Hi Jay, if the imobliser kicks in the car will crank start and then cut out and you will have a flashing key symbol on the dash this is not what you have.
Your best bet is with seat, if they can't fix it they can do a technical report to the factory to offer help to there techs.

If you can post the fault codes on here people maybe able to help.

Reactions: Jayminats2404
Feb 9, 2021
Manchester
Hi Jay, if the imobliser kicks in the car will crank start and then cut out and you will have a flashing key symbol on the dash this is not what you have.
Your best bet is with seat, if they can't fix it they can do a technical report to the factory to offer help to there techs.

If you can post the fault codes on here people maybe able to help.
Thank you, iv asked for codes and they said they haven't any to give

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I think as this has been going on for so long over a couple of your threads it would probably have been better to have gone with a Seat dealer originally and face the bill - which may (or may not) be a massive one. Good luck šŸ¤ž.

Reactions: jackbarraclough5196
Feb 9, 2021
Manchester
I think as this has been going on for so long over a couple of your threads it would probably have been better to have gone with a Seat dealer originally and face the bill - which may (or may not) be a massive one. Good luck šŸ¤ž.
Firstly I havent once avoided taking my car to seat or paying out for repairs, I tried to book it in with seat a twice and first was refused booking, second was booked and cancelled due to them, its now going to seat bolton 2nd march, what I was avoiding was paying out for repairs and unnecessary mobile mechanics and electricians who was telling me conflicting information and lies šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø secondly, I was just just look for advice from people who knew these cars well or had similar symptoms, I didnt want to ripped of again by mechanics and passed about! Thanks for the the luck i think I'm going to need it šŸ˜‰

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Horrible situation, and now SEAT tech needs to sort out something that has been unsuccessfully "attacked" by others , nasty to say the least.

Any SEAT directed logical fault finding pathway is now blown out of the water, back to good old experience and logic - if that still exists at SEAT dealerships.

Good Luck!

Feb 9, 2021
Manchester
Yes pretty much what has happened, Its draining! Hopefully il get some luck with seat now or have to cut my loses, not even sure how that would work for a car im still paying for šŸ™„

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Surely these cowboy clowns that have been looking at it you havenā€™t paid?

no fix no payment. Or have you just been paying an hourly rate towards their incompetence

Feb 9, 2021
Manchester
Surely these cowboy clowns that have been looking at it you havenā€™t paid?

no fix no payment. Or have you just been paying an hourly rate towards their incompetence
Pretty much paying them for there time, one was 60 pound an hour šŸ™ˆ honeslty I just feel so mugged off, and now the car is in a worse position as they've all erased the codes

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Pretty much paying them for there time, one was 60 pound an hour šŸ™ˆ honeslty I just feel so mugged off, and now the car is in a worse position as they've all erased the codes
I would of told them to jog on if they came wanting money for their incompetence

Lottie Daviesā€™x

Oct 7, 2020
West Midlands
Iā€™m sorry babe but if they are decent electricians they wouldnā€™t answer you with ā€œI donā€™t know what the issue isā€. If they have all the correct equipment plugged into your car, theyā€™d see the issue.

Whether they are sexist and are taking you for a mug and trying to rinse you im not sure but be careful. They seem corrupt AF to me with how youā€™ve said theyā€™ve had it for days and worked on it for over 12 hours and ā€œdonā€™t know what the issue isā€. Donā€™t pay a penny to them until the issue is sorted ā¤ļø

JamieSeatMaster

May 7, 2021
Iā€™m not sure if you want to hear this now that youā€™ve got a new car, but Iā€™ve actually fixed this car today... Iā€™m a Seat Master Technician from Perrys Seat Blackburn and I occasionally go to Seat Bolton to help them out. I worked on the car yesterday and again this morning and itā€™s now fixed and running as it should be. Iā€™ve got over 30 years experience with the VAG group so have a lot of knowledge about the cars. The problem was 2 broken wires underneath the battery between the engine ECU and the clutch pedal switch.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.