Carbon Look for 5.8" Media Display

allan69

Jul 30, 2010
Wellingborough, UK
Does any one know how to change the media display to show the carbon look as shown on the new Cupra using VCDS.

I have already changed the FIS (Driver Information System) by doing the following.

1.Select STG 17 (dash panel insert)
2.STG adjustment -> function 10
3.Select the channel display representation
4.Change "Version 2" (default value: Variant 1)

I would add an image from the Seat website, but I am unable to add pictures :confused:

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I did it today as you said. I think there is a cutoff on the build dates before which you cant do it and the lap timer as that is on ready for the cupra.

ume3ebam.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
How come some have the yellow lines in the corners of the dashboard display and some don't? :(

It matches the colours of the main display if you have the upgraded 5.8" with proximity, ipod and voice control. It also has a range of graphics not seen on the basic media screen.

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
It matches the colours of the main display if you have the upgraded 5.8" with proximity, ipod and voice control. It also has a range of graphics not seen on the basic media screen.

Is it a different display or you think it can be changed to look like this with vcds?

Erdeke

Dec 27, 2013
Still not able to post URL's, but there is a partial link to a good picture from the German Seat website.

seat.de/content/medialib/seat/market_master/models/leon-cupra/slide5/_jcr_content/renditions/rendition.file/slide5.jpg

allan69

Jul 30, 2010
Wellingborough, UK
Hi DeanC, when you first start your car, even when your media system was on, you used to get the FR start-up screen before it disappeared. Now it’s the clock followed by your last screen display for example Radio.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I swear I don't. I do know what you mean but I never see my clock unless I switch it off. Intrigued now I will check later.

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Hi DeanC, when you first start your car, even when your media system was on, you used to get the FR start-up screen before it disappeared. Now it’s the clock followed by your last screen display for example Radio.

I changed the carbon background on the FIS display and I still get the FR start-up screen.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I think it's to do with if the media system was 'sleeping' or booting up. Not changed mine but sometimes you see the FR boot screen other times it goes straight to radio

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.