Carista and headlamp washers what is the delay for

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
This has been mentioned in the Carista app thread but support has not replied to me yet and I do not know if they can answer the specifics on vehicles and I am unsure as others.

Under CUSTOMISE
for my Mk3 Cupra R it mentions Headlamp washers number of activations of W/Washers before Headlamp washers cut in. Default 5. Altered to 15

It also mentions a 'DELAY' default 500 milliseconds.

Does anyone know or programmed theirs? to a different value?

Is it delay between pulses from the headlamp washers.
OR
Delay after windscreen wash/wipe lever is pulled initiating the wash/wipe cycle BEFORE the headlamp washers cut in [which is really what I want to stop washing the bonnet!!

Cheers Andy

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Headlamp washers are the most useless invention in history, beneficial on an old volvo with headlamp wipers but of no benefit with washer only. Apart from making a mess

Reactions: Polly

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I've turned mine off. I was told they're not required as the LED headlights don't emit enough lumens.
Not only do they make a mess, but also use ∞ litres of screenwash.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
I've turned mine off. I was told they're not required as the LED headlights don't emit enough lumens.
Not only do they make a mess, but also use ∞ litres of screenwash.

Okay NOW that is the answer.

BUT HOW did you turn them off.
That is a secret some on here would LOVE to know as are fiddling about with Carista to hold it back a bit.

GO ON please share.

Cheers Andy

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I used OBDEleven to turn mine off.

I was told by someone who is an MOT tester. The headlight washers are an optional extra in the winter pack.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Ah okay no go for me then as i am using Carista.
I just have to tinker with settings.Trying to find out if I can delay them now.

With my old RS Megane I just pulled the plug under the bumper until MOT time then pushed it back on.
With my old VIXER clamped the rubber pipes as the fuse controlled other equipment and I could not reach the plug.

Cheers Andy

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
My Wifes Corsa is fitted with Bi Xenon HID's.
NO headlamp washers fitted.
Second car like that [It is also same as the Corsa VXR no Washers on any of them]
Still trying to find out what the DELAY means on the Carista App.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
They will NEVER check their operation, they don’t go off on every spray of the window.

i removed my headlight washers on my old car as they got in the way of a custom front mount and just glued the caps back onto the bumper and passed every MOT with no issues

Agree, unlikely they’ll check the operation of the headlamp washers during the MOT.

My VW was MOT’d by the VW dealer just under three weeks ago. I’d washed the car the day before the MOT, and when I collected it after the MOT, there were no tell tale signs of washer fluid on the bonnet, front wings or front bumper that there would’ve been if the headlamp washers had been activated.

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did you work out how to deactivate headlight washers with Carista?

I have just got an Ateca with headlight washers, and want to turn them off.

I have got Carista, and I have set activation time to '0 MS', activation delay to '0 MS', and 'activate headlight washers once every..... times the windshield washer is used' I have set the value to 0, so surely they should never activate.

Only did it this morning, so can't confirm whether this has completely turned them off. Just wondering if you had figured it out.

Cheers.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Having read this again.
Those times mean an instant activation to me so will still work INSTANTLY now whatever!
In the end I left mine on a 5 sec [not a ms] delay before headlamp washers cut in. SO they never cut in as I stopped pulling washer wipe lever after 4 secs.

Not sure about the ACTIVATE HEADLIGHT WASHERS ONCE EVERY...... TIMES THE WINDSHIELD WASHER IS USED.
Did not find that. Did have a panic as I thought they had stopped working.!!!! just the day before the MOT. Kept pulling and pulling.
Not to worry left alone or on default they must be set for a very long time. They only work once after wipers are used once until engine and ignition is off. Then after 5 secs after next use they kick in again ONCE that drive.
Cheers Andy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.