CCM reprogramme issue

Hi guys, had my CCM unit go on me(2002 LC pre facelift) so replaced it(matched part no. to original) & got local garage to reprogramme.
Got all int. lights,elec windows all ok. On Keyfob used to open everything on 1st unlock push,now only unlocks front door,second click seems to do nothing,3rd click unlocks other 3 doors,boot doesn't operate with fob now.
I changed solenoid in boot(as advised by garage was faulty),still no joy,and also don't think alarm is working,although indicators flash & LED on drivers door working.
Was back in at garage today who told me must be a wiring problem on car :confused:

Anyone any idea if this could be right,or am i being fed a line ?
Thanks.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
46 - Central Convenience: -- KWP1281
Only on vehicles with power windows. VCDS fine. There are numerous options/ features that can be set.

Selective Unlocking:

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the existing Soft. Coding. If you have selective unlocking (press the unlock button on the remote once to open the driver's door, twice to open all the doors) the last digit of your coding should be an even number. To make all doors unlock, add 1 to the coding.

So, if you have a 2-door 2002 GTI that is coded for selective unlocking (00064) add one to make it 00065 so that all doors unlock with one press of the unlock button.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm not 100%, but doesn't the boot solenoid stop working if the key lock is in a particular position? I seem to remember that if the lock barrel is in one place, it stays locked, and in the other position it operates with the central locking.

Try the lock barrel in both positions, even the action of locking and unlocking with the key might 'sync up' the boot with the rest of the doors?

(these are pure guesses by the way, it's just a vague recollection from something somewhere...)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Also if the ccm is from a different car type then it'll need recoded to suit yours. Mine came from a hatch back golf and I had to use a program called vds pro to recode it for the estate.

I'm not 100%, but doesn't the boot solenoid stop working if the key lock is in a particular position? I seem to remember that if the lock barrel is in one place, it stays locked, and in the other position it operates with the central locking.

Try the lock barrel in both positions, even the action of locking and unlocking with the key might 'sync up' the boot with the rest of the doors?

(these are pure guesses by the way, it's just a vague recollection from something somewhere...)

I had read this,and did try it,but thanks for input.

stolen from Ross Tech.

so it looks like it needs coding in.

not sure about the boot though

Garage say it has been coded in,think i'm losing confidence in their abilities tbh.
The fact nothing controlled by the CCM was operational when the old unit failed,and on getting car back for the 1st time after replacement CCM was fitted at garage had some items working,i assume they have some knowledge,just maybe not enough.

:confused:I have this evening discovered that if you push boot solenoid down to the locked position,when you press the fob,it does pop up,so obviously there must be some operation,just that only works one way

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.