Central locking issue

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Hi,

18 months ago I replaced the central locking switch located by the handbrake,as the original one would not lock/unlock the doors. The new switch fixed the issue.

However in the last few months the car has developed an issue in that whilst driving the central locking randomly locks and unlocks the doors.

This issue at the moment has stopped but now when I remove the key from the ignition it does not activate the interior lights nor does it unlock the doors as it used to do. So if I require access to the rear doors, boot or fuel flap I have to reach back inside the car and press the central locking switch. As mentioned all these doors would unlock as soon as the key was removed from the ignition.

The switch I replaced still appears to work as when you press it will do its job in locking or unlocking.

All doors will lock/unlock off the fob without issue and all doors will open with the handles etc.

Any ideas???

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I have similar to this in my reference sport. As I'm driving the doors will all unlock. They will then re-lock when I got over 5 (or is it 10) mph. Also, I have to have the interior lights permanently off as they will just switch themselves on (and stay on) even when the keys not in the ignition.

My suspects were - ignition barrel. Maybe it thinks the key is out so randomly unlocks the doors as it loses contact. Failing that I think it's some kind of wiring / earth issue.

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I have similar to this in my reference sport. As I'm driving the doors will all unlock. They will then re-lock when I got over 5 (or is it 10) mph. Also, I have to have the interior lights permanently off as they will just switch themselves on (and stay on) even when the keys not in the ignition.

My suspects were - ignition barrel. Maybe it thinks the key is out so randomly unlocks the doors as it loses contact. Failing that I think it's some kind of wiring / earth issue.
That sounds like a similar issue to me.

If I open the drivers door the interior light doesn't come on but will do if I open another door. I am thinking that it may be the ignition barrel not knowing if the key has been taken out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
When I get a minute... I've noticed (especially near the battery) there are earths that literally sit in pooled water and they have also rusted quite badly. So I plan to start out by just removing and cleaning any rusted earth cables and sanding down the connection point... just to make sure.

Reactions: Brimfull
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.