Central locking issue

Feb 25, 2020
Hi all

I have a 06 1.6 petrol leon which has an intermittent issue with the central locking.

As I'm driving along the central locking fires open and closed sometimes upto ten times in a row, this invariably coincides with the radio switching itself off, but not always. The c/l then settles down and doesn't fire again until the next journey. The radio can be switched back on but can then switch off after anything upto 10 seconds or a minute or two.

It's very very annoying!!!

Anybody have any idea what to do please ??

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I have exactly this on an 08 1.6 Leon Sport. For me it only seems to happen when it rains. So I figure either bad earth, water ingress or possibly faulty ignition barrel. But it's a nightmare to track down. Basically it's losing power for a split second - radio turns off and doors unlock. Then when you go over 10mph again, the doors autolock (as they should). Mine also loses power to the cigarette lighter as well.

Feb 25, 2020
Mine unlocks or locks at any speed, and water doesn't seem to be a factor as its wet here today and it didn't happen. The courtesy light came on when I stopped which isn't normal ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.