Central locking strangeness

doodlebug

May 27, 2009
Hi folks, I've got a bit of a strange problem with my 2007 Altea locks. Basically, when I unlock the car, only the driver's side drivers and passenger door will open from the outside. The doors on the nearside do open, but only from the inside and not from the outside! The problem is, it's an intermittent problem as well, sometimes, the doors all open from the outside, but then weeks will go by with only the drivers side doors opening from the outside! The other thing I've noticed as well is when I'm driving along, the automatic door locking mechanism makes a strange sound, like it's locking and unlocking all of the time! Tried battery replacement in the fob etc, but nothing works.

Anyone encountered similar problems?

doodlebug

May 27, 2009
Yes we had this on ours, something to do with the mechanism failing. I think it's a known issue. Was a dealer fix job.
Cheers, I’ve seen a lot of people drilling a hole in the mechanism and spraying loads of WD40 in there! Might try it!

Reactions: Syphon

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
I had the sticking doorlock problem but thanks to a post on here I followed the youtube 'how to' of drill and spray into the mechanism .The 3 I did were working fine, however, use silicon spray and not wd40 as the youtuber.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members