Central Locking woes...

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Alright chaps i made a thread last year about this but finally getting neck deep in it. bit of a lost post but looking for some expert advice...

got VCDS lite on it and stripped the interior out and still cant find **** after months of investigating.

So Only thing that works from the interior buttons or fob is the boot lock. If i turn the key in the barrel in drivers door it locks but nothing else does, and fob does not physically unlock it after. Ive scanned Central Convenience, no codes. Tested the communication to CAN BUS and CCM and every door is communicating fine, VCDS knows when the doors are open/closed/locked/unlocked same for windows, interior lights, footwell lights... all working fine

What reasons left are there that it would stop the c.locking from working? If it was a specific door lock module faulty it would show a code right?
Ive checked the loom between the door hinges under the tape and all fine, traced them back to the connectors in the A-pillar, all good. Opened the Comfort Module and its pristine inside. CAN BUS wires off the back of it look fine, between the boot latch : fine, - but the only place i cant access is the loom behind the horizontal metal support under the dash as id need to take the dash and maybe some of the steering column apart.. From my understanding the 2 orange wires are the CANBUS cables which send all the locking data, which will split off from the CCM to the rest of the doors... i could be wrong but i figured those are what i should be focusing on unless someone more experienced than me can chime in..

Guess my main question is, if there is a broken wire somewhere, after ruling out all the usual places where else should i look? Or is this been way overthought and its just dodgy door lock modules all around?..im lost so If anyone can help me narrow this down before i kill myself id be super grateful
😅

cheers

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It's a difficult one, it sounds like the CANBUS is working fine to me, and it seems like you have covered most bases. I think I would try replacing one of the modules and see what happens. They are only £25 each and that would rule out it just being 4 faulty modules. Maybe replace the drivers door module and see what happens.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
It's a difficult one, it sounds like the CANBUS is working fine to me, and it seems like you have covered most bases. I think I would try replacing one of the modules and see what happens. They are only £25 each and that would rule out it just being 4 faulty modules. Maybe replace the drivers door module and see what happens.

Deffo. Guess thats my last option before gutting it. Ive got the triple square bit to remove the lock itself now so ill be doing that next. Do you know a reliable place to buy em? 25 quid a pop aint bad at all

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Hard to say.
Ive bought cheap ones from various sellers.
One worked and has been fine.
Another lasted 4 months and packed up. Seller sead send it back for a refund. I would have done but had to smash it to pieces with hammer n chisel to get it out so just slung it.
And another, locks and unlocks properly but no interior light when the door is opened.
They're hit n miss at best.

The genuine ones are crazy money.

Rich

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Deffo. Guess thats my last option before gutting it. Ive got the triple square bit to remove the lock itself now so ill be doing that next. Do you know a reliable place to buy em? 25 quid a pop aint bad at all
Just Ebay is where I usually get them. I think they are all made in the same place, so it doesn't really make much difference. As Rich said they are usually pretty good. I think SEAT want almost £200 each if they are available.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Just Ebay is where I usually get them. I think they are all made in the same place, so it doesn't really make much difference. As Rich said they are usually pretty good. I think SEAT want almost £200 each if they are available.

Decent thanks mate. Weekend jobs sorted now, girlfriends combi valve needs replacing on her TT and ill be stripping my door down.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Hard to say.
Ive bought cheap ones from various sellers.
One worked and has been fine.
Another lasted 4 months and packed up. Seller sead send it back for a refund. I would have done but had to smash it to pieces with hammer n chisel to get it out so just slung it.
And another, locks and unlocks properly but no interior light when the door is opened.
They're hit n miss at best.

The genuine ones are crazy money.

Rich
How did you know your lock module had packed up? I wished many times for a simple code to tell me what was wrong

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I couldn't open the door.
Just died and couldn't hear it even trying when pressing the buttons on the key.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Did your doors stop working at the same time or did they start packing up one by one?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
bought my rear pairs from here as it was cheaper on bulk buy also there return policy is better as they pay postage if there is an issue on first 30 days as some sellers don't have this, one rear had missing spring out side of lock they sent a new one and said keep old one so i stripped that down too repair one of the rear locks useing the motor as they unplug easy, id keep the old locks though for parts if your any good at repairing ect

Last edited:

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.

last time i seen on here they were £250 I'm like wtf , I've bought two genuine drivers doors in the past and they were around £125 posted and that was off dave sere when he was here, miss that guy pulled me out of it a few times.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
How did you know your lock module had packed up? I wished many times for a simple code to tell me what was wrong
mine was the door light on drivers door the rears you could here the motors wining then one stopped in the unlock position which was a good thing, you wont get a code with doggy locks

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Did your doors stop working at the same time or did they start packing up one by one?
Its been like it since i bought the car so i have no symptoms to trace from that perspective, just no doors lock or unlock except the front with the key and the boot.

Im gonna get the door lock out and scan for anything dodgy looking and then try a module off that link and see what happens

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
mine was the door light on drivers door the rears you could here the motors wining then one stopped in the unlock position which was a good thing, you wont get a code with doggy locks
Serious? I was told if there was no code in the central convenience module then it would be a broken wire :rolleyes: ffs lol

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Serious? I was told if there was no code in the central convenience module then it would be a broken wire :rolleyes: ffs lol
that might be a different issue though not related to locks unless your being told pork pies lol, the light going off on drivers was the microswitch that was iffy i just replaced the microswitch on two drivers door locks how, i never got codes on them or the rears, also the rear boot solenoid can also go mine never has but at least there cheap too replace

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.