Centre arm rests...

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
I'm not sure if there are OEM armrests in the black LCR fabric trim, however you can always buy a second-hand A3 armrest or a Leon armrest and get it upholstered, no fitting problems and you can match the black LCR upholstery perfectly :)

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
I have retrofitted one into my LCR, pics in my RR.

All I had to do was cut a hole in the centre plastic for it to slide down and bolt into OEM holes.

ei2gfb

Leon FR 1.4 TSI
Dec 24, 2007
mine sits off to one side against the passenger seat, i remember reading somewere that the kit used to come with a type of tread adaptor but i think mine was missing this, i placed some washers under the leg that goes to the treaded bar part of the frame but then i dont have enough thread to bolt onto?

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006

I've just had one of these delivered....not sure about it at the moment, no instructions which I think is normal but it doesn't look the same fit as the genuine one and the install pics that are available here:

http://www.cupra.net/Leon/Mein_Cupra/MAL/page_07.html

Ive got two low quality pieces of metal (might be ok), 5 holes and 6 buts and bolts of various sizes.

It also doesnt have the base plate so presume it will have to drop down into the cut out, which kind of scares me as it means you're going to have to get the cut right and very very good otherwise it wont finish the car properly.

I've mailed the seller...Im tempted to cut my losses and try this instead :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-TOLE...CarParts_SM&hash=item2ea68d4523#ht_1996wt_975

Anyone got any opinions?

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
I just bought this, oem and fits perfect. I've had oem before, better than buying cheap copies

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270918530...984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true#ht_500wt_922

Interesting, because what I've got looks identical. On the arm before you fitted it, did the part that has to go into and through the center console have a hole in one side of the plastic about 1p piece size? Does that bit countersink through the cut out you need to make?

Dont suppose you took any pics as you went....interested to know how and what you used to make the cut? Any help appreciated...Im tempted to give it a go now...

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
I used a mini Dremel and the hole in the arm is so you can secure it to the fitting bracket, and mine didn't go into the hole I cut out it sits above it

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
I used a mini Dremel and the hole in the arm is so you can secure it to the fitting bracket, and mine didn't go into the hole I cut out it sits above it

Bit confused...so the hole to secure the arm to the bracket sits above the centre console or has sunk into it? I think your saying this access hole to secure the arm to the bracket sits about the console and is visible? Maybe not easily though?

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Haha correct, it's late and I have to be up at 5am :lol:

the hole to secure the arm to the bracket sits above the centre console I think your saying this access hole to secure the arm to the bracket sits about the console and is visible

Last edited:

Yatesey8527

Mar 11, 2010
Gloucester
DSC02102.jpg

DSC02101.jpg

DSC02100.jpg

DSC02099.jpg

Got mine off eBay,Armster Armrest.think it's gr8:D

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
Got mine off eBay,Armster Armrest.think it's gr8:D

Yep, I looked at your posts and having since looked at this one I got from ebay in daylight, considering how bad a fit it looks already and the risks of carving into the centre console (and the fabric match was poor), I've actioned a return of that one and spent an extra £40 on an armster, mainly on the back of looking around and posts on here, in particular yours. It looks a bit more factory fit to me...hopefully the leather is a closish match for the LCR leather...maybe. Part of what I liked was the 4 screw fitting and not cutting out/removing centre console.

I've got high hopes.

Last edited:

Yatesey8527

Mar 11, 2010
Gloucester
Yep, I looked at your posts and having since looked at this one I got from ebay in daylight, considering how bad a fit it looks already and the risks of carving into the centre console (and the fabric match was poor), I've actioned a return of that one and spent an extra £40 on an armster, mainly on the back of looking around and posts on here, in particular yours. It looks a bit more factory fit to me...hopefully the leather is a closish match for the LCR leather...maybe. Part of what I liked was the 4 screw fitting and not cutting out/removing centre console.

I've got high hopes.

That's 1 + factor when I got it as havnt got to cut/modify anything.I'm chuffed with mine,hope u will be 2 mate.

Yatesey8527

Mar 11, 2010
Gloucester
This is where I got mine from - ebay Item number: 200362771747

Just 4 screws,2 either side.took 10 minutes.only other thing I did was use black screws,or colour em with permanent marker

Jason-R

Feb 9, 2012
Sussex
My armrest was jammed in the up position when I bought my lcr so I got a new seat one. Cost 140 quid all in but I wanted it to match perfectly and I do a lot of motorway journeys so i bit the bullet. As others have said it doesn't really get in the way of the handbrake and if you are in stop start traffic you can drop it down a couple of notches (or put it vertical) to make it easier to reach. I do still have the old armrest and was planning on selling it but can't unjam it so doubt it would be of any use to anyone on here

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.