Centre cap 18inch

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
Anyone know where I can standard centre caps for the 18 inch titanium wheels? Only ones I can find for a reasonable price are the FR ones which don't fit and are too deep for the wheel. But I can't find the standard SEAT caps for a reasonable price.
Pics for reference but the FR one isn't flush and sits about 1cm out of the hub.
IMG_20200624_124234.jpg
IMG_20200624_124148.jpg

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Cost is only relative, if it gets you what you want I've always bought OEM, sometimes NOS from closing SEAT dealerships or due to packaging change, Audi ones do cost a lot more, I know this!!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
If you buy the OEM ones they'll fit and be right. Buy cheap off eBay and all bets are off.

Reactions: Jay5959

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
But you can buy OEM ones on eBay too - the ones listed above have the part numbers from EKTA stamped on the inside - I buy loads of low-risk spares like these from Poland, Latvia etc.

The reason why they don’t always fit is when a poor powder coat repair has been completed, and the coating is too thick.

Edit - scrap my recommendation above - that is the cost per individual item. You can buy from TPS for £8-10 each.

Last edited:

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
But you can buy OEM ones on eBay too - the ones listed above have the part numbers from EKTA stamped on the inside - I buy loads of low-risk spares like these from Poland, Latvia etc.

The reason why they don’t always fit is when a poor powder coat repair has been completed, and the coating is too thick.

Edit - scrap my recommendation above - that is the cost per individual item. You can buy from TPS for £8-10 each.

So don't bother with the 7zap links and just go to TPS? I thought they were only trade.

Also I have no problem paying OEM prices but just weren't confident that the ones I found on ebay were OEM

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
So don't bother with the 7zap links and just go to TPS? I thought they were only trade.

Also I have no problem paying OEM prices but just weren't confident that the ones I found on ebay were OEM

7zap links were purely for access to the part numbers so that you could search the web via whatever online selling platform you are comfortable with.

Although TPS is supposed to be for trade, most branches have over the counter sales, although one or two branches apply the rule more strictly than others; given the current financial climate, I expect that they will accept your custom.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Although TPS is supposed to be for trade, most branches have over the counter sales...

There was some discussion on here a few months ago about this. Apparently they have changed their policies and no longer take cash sales. You need to have a trade account to be served. I haven't put it to the test myself but several people in different parts of the country all said it was true :0(

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
As said already, you either check the part number on any you still have that are correct, and then use that part number on places like ebay, any sensible seller of genuine parts will include a photo of the underside of these parts so that you can see if the correct part number is showing as it gets moulded onto these and every other part where possible.
Other sources could be one of the parts providers linked to this forum.

Reactions: black_sheep
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members