Changing battery question

frjack

May 22, 2018
The North
2010 1.6 diesel DSG.

The battery has given up - looks like it is the original...

2 questions:

I see no mention of radio codes needed for the satnav. It's the standard fit RNS310. Do I need one? If so, where do I find it/get it? There's nowt in the books and I don't have the means, of any type, to keep a live positive.

After removing the leads, I presume I have to remove the jacket thingy, before I can find out how to undo the clamp at the bottom?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I recently just took out my battery to change the battery cover box. I have a 2010 Leon and an rns310 so I assume the same should apply to you.

I removed the battery by taking the rubbish fabric thing off after disconnecting the battery then undoing the clamp to the left of the battery (you could do it by loosening it so you have less chance of loosing the screw in the engine bay.

My rns310 just started back up as normal without issue.

frjack

May 22, 2018
The North
I recently just took out my battery to change the battery cover box. I have a 2010 Leon and an rns310 so I assume the same should apply to you.

I removed the battery by taking the rubbish fabric thing off after disconnecting the battery then undoing the clamp to the left of the battery (you could do it by loosening it so you have less chance of loosing the screw in the engine bay.

My rns310 just started back up as normal without issue.

Cheers! Thanks for the info.