Changing regular headlights to full Led

Oct 24, 2020
Hey

So im pretty new with Seat.
I like to replace my current headlights to the ones supplied with the FR version.

Can someone please tell me exactly what parts do i need to purchase? From the headlight to the smallest wire please.

Thank you very much guys for the assistance

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018

Oct 24, 2020
Oh yes i read that thread.
I know it's not going to be cheap and i'm not living in the UK so it's no so problematic for me.
I even have a garage that is willing to make the change but he wants a crazy number for installing it+parts - so i would like to see what parts do i need and even buy them from 2nd hand and such.

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
The problem isn't usually the parts although they are expensive, it's fitting them that's the problem.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone retrofit them so it's difficult to know exactly what's needed as most people see what's involved and don't bother

At a minimum you'll need the two headlights, the levelling sensor which is tied to the rear suspension, new wiring (which is the main problem here) and then it'll all need coding correctly to the car.

So even with second hand parts I'd imagine you're easily looking in excess of £/€1000. Which at that point most people don't bother, as much as I love the LED lights, there's no chance I'd pay that for them.

Reactions: Woody_72
Oct 24, 2020
The problem isn't usually the parts although they are expensive, it's fitting them that's the problem.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone retrofit them so it's difficult to know exactly what's needed as most people see what's involved and don't bother

At a minimum you'll need the two headlights, the levelling sensor which is tied to the rear suspension, new wiring (which is the main problem here) and then it'll all need coding correctly to the car.

So even with second hand parts I'd imagine you're easily looking in excess of £/€1000. Which at that point most people don't bother, as much as I love the LED lights, there's no chance I'd pay that for them.

you absolutely broke my heart to pieces i hate the headlights they designed for 1.4 not the full led ones.
I have that humidity problem in them and they were replaced once and now it's happened in one of them for the 2nd time.

marlop

Imagine spending £ 800-1000 in new led headlights to find the same condensation? That would definitely break your heart!

Reactions: Zboro
Oct 24, 2020
Hahaha 800-1000 Pounds? send me links to the parts i am buying it now lol... the parts here cost 1k$ just for 1 headlight

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I think luckily for the new Mk4s, new Golfs/A3/Scala, they now have 'basic' LED headlights for lower trims, and fancy projector style led headlights for the higher trim. I remember back in 2012, Leon was a game changer, first to get LED headlights in the segment.

marlop

Hahaha 800-1000 Pounds? send me links to the parts i am buying it now lol... the parts here cost 1k$ just for 1 headlight
Well, looking for second hand parts and being a bit patient, everything is possible! I made the conversion for 800€, buying on eBay. Of course I found parts for the double price too, but I was in no rush.
e3f1acd4158fdb2850b0eae908591333.jpg

Reactions: Mr Pig

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
I think luckily for the new Mk4s, new Golfs/A3/Scala, they now have 'basic' LED headlights for lower trims, and fancy projector style led headlights for the higher trim. I remember back in 2012, Leon was a game changer, first to get LED headlights in the segment.
Yes I've noticed this! Good to see they'll be few yellow halogen lights around anymore on new cars. Looks like Ford are doing the same with the Fiesta and Focus now too which was long overdue.