Changing the head unit on a standard Leon Cupra R.

JacobG

I've been searching around for a while & have not had any luck.

I'm looking to change my LCR's head unit due to wanting to play my iPhone when driving.

Is anyone aware of a head unit that will directly replace the stock one or will I need to get a converter kit etc etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Muzza1742

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Stoke
you'll need fitting kit for most radio's because its not a standard size.
the wiring should be plug and play though ( i had to swap my +ve and switch +ve over)

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
The fascias are available at halfords and are about £13 I always use alpine h/u as that's my pref but there's so many made for iPhone now just depends on you're budget and taste. I think the Sony ones would look good in a Leon as they illuminate red.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Alternatively get one of the connects2 adaptors so you can connect your ipod to the OEM head unit, you will loose your cd changer (if you have one) but you maintain the OEM look (if thats what floats your boat ;)) I think the sound quality from the standard head unit is pretty decent.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Straight forward swap for me with no messing. Just had to buy a plastic insert off ebay.

Mines a Sony and lights up red. Matches perfect! And has an aux connector on the front!

Snap! The red Sony head units match perfectly.

Last edited:

Law.

Oct 23, 2011
Southampton, UK
My Alpine one has like 5 different colour profiles to choose from. Had green in my Focus to match, orange in my 106 GTi, and going to put red in my LCR when I fit it.

Also, some people mention needing wire adapters but others say it's just plug and play - can anyone give a definite answer as all I've got atm is the fascia adapter.

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The red and yellow wires simply swap over to retain the memory you'll need an aerial booster that takes its 12v from the blue remote wire

Sent from my S2 using paranoid