chassis type?

exsaxoboy!

Apr 10, 2006
sutton BRUM
Hi, im about to order some new suspension off a bloke off the lupo site, but i need to know my chassis type. The bloke thinks its a 6k2 and i think it just a 6k. My car is a y rej 2001 cupra 1.8t. Is there any difference. Cheers

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
early and late ibiza's carried the 6k chassis code but 6k2 is used loosely for a mk3 to help

VSSZZZ6KZXR400001 as example

in general terms

VSS = vehicle built in spain by Seat
ZZZ = gap filler to keep overall number the 17 digit standard
6K = model code = ibiza
Z = another std gap letter
X = year of manufacture (early mk2's P to X / mk3's X/Y/1/2 now using year numbers in order)
R = factory of manufacture (need year/country to be exact as some codes are shared) R = Seat/Martorell barcelona but also used in brazil for VW
400001 = chassis serial number (unique id also can be used to narrow down a close build date (month/year)

so in summary our example above is a Seat Ibiza built in martorell in spain in march-april 99 and is in fact the very first mk3 model built

its an easy check if you have the lists to see when a car was actually built and its not usually far off the registration date (3 months behind usually) but anything goes especially on older models as bodies were made in seperate buildings in those days and were stored for a while

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just to show what it can reveal

my cars registered Aug 98

actually built in Martorell Jan-Feb 97 so my bodyshell was 18months old before it was registered in UK

but then it is 3dr A/C and sunroof and RHD - and copper to boot

newer models usually have a lot faster turnaround nowadays

exsaxoboy!

Apr 10, 2006
sutton BRUM
right it states its a 6k1, is the suspension different to a 6k, cos me and the geezer are still trying to make sure im ordering the right kit.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise