chipped 1.9tdi 105bhp

barni

Hello
Still chipped Altea running without any problems ? I'm thinking about doing the same with my Altea.

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Totally forgot about this thread, but to all out there that are considering the jump I have not had one single problem since getting it done so if anyone has any reservations I can dispell theme here and now.

kezefc

105tdi Chipping

Hi all, not very good with all the technical stuff, but what does it feel like if your clutch is slipping?? I have a 1.9tdi Stylance which has only done 350 miles, should i be worried about this mass flywheel problem you all mention. I am already having probs with the car, going back into dealers next week for 2 days to sort out knocking/creaking noise from back end. Also is the flywheel covered by the warranty? Cheers, Kez.

GW

I did have a tunit box that added 25%, it was great but it made the clutch slip at 2200rpm in 4th. so i had to take it off. it was great while i lasted ( i did have the105bhp 1.9)

Tell

Staff member
Hi all, not very good with all the technical stuff, but what does it feel like if your clutch is slipping??

It feels like you are getting nowhere, the engine roars and the car does pull but not very well, eventually you won't be able to move since the clutch plates aren't touching. I've had the situation with my old Fiat where the garage couldn't do it for ten days and said drive around in it. Needless to say it got worse so I booked it in to somewhere else before it stranded me, needless to say it dangerous since the car will stop on a hill.

For a car that has only done 350 miles if I've read the post correctly you won't have a clutch problem unless it's mechanical failure big time. Clutch problems can develop / be speeded up if you drive around with the car burning the clutch by not lifting your foot off the pedal and doing sudden gear changes.

That's about it....

GW

Actualy my clutch would slip as i hit 2700rpm in (only) 4th, you would feel a jerk and the revs would rise to 3000rpm and stay there until the road speed caught up. it was if you momentarily slightly dipped the clutch while accelerating.
I did here of some other people have problems with clutch slip but only on 1.9 105bhp models not the 130bhp or 2.0l models.

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
My wifes 2.0tdi Touran slips the clutch in exactly the same way as described above even with a very smooth state of tune. I have returned the software to stock and its just the same, only does this when the weather is cold though and max torque is acheived due to the ambient temp. In the summer its no bother at all, foot to floor and it just pulls as if there is nothing wrong. VW changed the flywheel and clutch (reported a judder and they said its common on the 2.0tdi so I didnt argue) and all is now cured even when remapping a little more aggressively. I have also had a couple of 1.9 105bhp Golfs and an Octavia show up flywheel judder once they have been chipped but again the parts were replaced under warranty.
I think its just luck of the draw with the car really. I have done 100k in my own 2 previous diesels with some heavy remapping and lots of traffic light gps but both were still on their original clutches when traded in.
Your own driving style will be the biggest factor in clutch issues too! The modern throttle is a potentiometer with more than 2 positions :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.