Cleaning Candy White Cars

apswift2

May 24, 2012
Hello,

Just after a bit of advice after seeing a thread on polish/wax for black cars.

What do all you guys find best for Shampooing, claying, polishing and waxing your Candy White Leons?

As good as ran out of my previous Meguiars Gold class shampoo so I need some more so may as well get all the right stuff to get the car looking good.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

DaveIbiza

Jun 21, 2012
i use snow foam to start then clay with a bilt hamber bar, then wash with chemical guys maxi suds 2, polish with poorboys white diamond and seal with poorboys ex-p. I use chemical guys Butter wet wax at the minute but its a lot better suited for darker cars

thestopwatch

Used autobrite in staffordshire on my candy white they are very helpfull.

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Dura Gloss shampoo if you can get it or Autosmart DUET ,Clay Bilt Hamber water lubricated also TARDIS Tar Remover

One of the best is Werkstat Acrylic Kit (Google) around £60.00 for kit easy to use cleans shines and protects and very good.

At the moment I am using Autoglym Super Resin Polish (new formula) topped with Blacklight and V7. Looks well glassy. All available on line.

I have piles of wax to choose from but have gone back to the synthectic products as some waxs put a warm glow on the white albeit Vics concours wax is one of my favourites as is Harly Wax one of the cheapest but is awesome and a clear wax also.

Last edited:

apswift2

May 24, 2012
Would i be right in saying that the best method then is to snowfoam, then wash, then clay, then polish, then sealant(instead of wax) in that order?

I already have half a tub of autoglym super resin polish so i could stick with that. Just need the wash, clay and sealant if thats the correct method?

Cheers

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Personally wouldnt botherwith the Snow Foam when claying, Usual method is to wash with a strong shamppo solution to degrease ,make sure clay is well lubed

apswift2

May 24, 2012
By strong shampoo solution do you mean a high concentration with water or an actual strong shampoo? Also, how easy is claying? Never done it before and dont want to make a mess of the paintwork? Sorry, a bit new to the looking after my paintwork. Always had bangers before :)

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
the key to not messing up your paint when claying is to use the correct amount of lue o you dont scratch or marr the paint further.

i would reccomend clay to all its a fantastic way to get the paint super clean.

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
as for snow foam i have got a lance but rarely use it as it takes me ages to wash it away !!!

Good fun though and does soften and loosen loads of dirt.

apswift2

May 24, 2012
Just been watching some videos on the Farécla stuff? Looks quite good? Anyone used it before?

Cheers

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Re Shampoo just an extra Glug to basically remove as much rubbish as possible before the clay.Iif your car has Tar spots remove those with Tardis as Tar clogs the clay.
Claying is a doddle I use Bilt Hamber clay as its water lubricated and use a hose when I am doing it with a trickle of water lubing the clay. The clay is rubbed on the panel and you can keep folding it over to keep a clean face.
Snow Foaming is a funny one some swear by it some people reckon its a gimmick.I think it has its uses especially when road grit on car as it carries it off but not really a touchless wash.
Detailing World is a great site and full of How to articles.

Last edited:

apswift2

May 24, 2012
Can you lubricate any clay bar with water? I like the look of the farecla detox shampoo, paint renovator, clay bar , some super resin polish and then some Super gloss paste wax? Sound good?

Cheers

apswift2

May 24, 2012
Right ok. So break the bar in half maybe and use the farecla detailer as lubricant? Would you recommend a wax or a sealant?

Cheers

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Yes the detailer should be fine, I meant its a small bar for the money and instead of water you need to use detailing sparay. LOL
Good Luck also Detailing World worth a visit..

Last edited:

apswift2

May 24, 2012
Right haha! Cheers mate! Appreciate the advice! I may go for the bilt hamber auto clay original? Or is the soft stuff better?

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Have a look on cleanyourcar.co.uk and buy the carlack 68 shampoo, NSC and LLS. It is the nuts for white. Ive gone a step further too and now put a coat of FK1000P on top and finish it all off with a dash of Sonus Acrylic glanz.

Basically ther are all derived from the same formula and complement each other. With the FK1000P on top alone it's good for 6 months, wash each week and top up with the glanz and it looks amazing.

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
As Subc mentioned one of the products for candy white is the Werkstat Acrylic Kit. Due to it working its best on light to mid-tone metallic and pearlescent finishes.

I've been using it for a year now with AMAZING results.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Get over to Detailing World forum, but beware... You will get addicted and it will cost you money :p
Haha