Cleaning chrome roof rails...

Camm147

Sep 12, 2014
Had my leon st a week and just gave it a wash...however the chrome roof rails now have cloudy spots on them. Didn't notice them before and don't wipe off.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Could it be the triple wax car shampoo???

How do you clean yours?

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
I washed mine today with Meguiars ultimate shampoo and no issues. Also polished it last week with Meguiars ultimate wax. the water beads of it amazingly now. I'm sure if you give them a polish it will remove the marks. Wouldn't use anything to abrasive though...avoid things like t cut.

Camm147

Sep 12, 2014
Didn't seem as bad this morning. Probably just need some decent car shampoo! Thanks.

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
I'd point the finger at the shampoo+wax combo. I use various products from autofinesse. People's car cleaning habits range from a bucket of water and a grit-filled sponge through to the obsessive detailers over at detailingworld.co.uk!

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
it's worrying how much time goes into it. Way too much. Haven't these people heard of internet ****?
A wash n'wax, dry off and hoover once a week, and my wife thinks I'm obsessed.
But put something in the dishwasher without rinsing it first? Hurricane Katrina unleashed....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.