Clutch

Dec 28, 2019
Hi all, so I thought I’d take the leon to work this morning but the clutch pedal pinged straight to the floor! It came back up when I pulled it back but again hit the floor when I put pressure on it....the car is a 280 with only 27000 miles on the clock but has spend most of the last year and a half parked up so thinking some rubbers May of perished Is this the clutch gone or slave cylinder or is there a common cheaper fix like a clip that has gone? Thanks in advance

garybuttle

Oct 27, 2011
Had the same on my fr 150 TDI. Slave cylinder exploded as it's made of plastic. Check brake fluid level to see if it's dropped. Look for leaks from pipes and master cylinder. Look for puddle on engine undertray under gearbox bell housing.
Mine did not get fluid on clutch but changed it anyway as done 76000 miles .
Unfortunately gearbox out job

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotter280

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hi all, so I thought I’d take the leon to work this morning but the clutch pedal pinged straight to the floor! It came back up when I pulled it back but again hit the floor when I put pressure on it....the car is a 280 with only 27000 miles on the clock but has spend most of the last year and a half parked up so thinking some rubbers May of perished Is this the clutch gone or slave cylinder or is there a common cheaper fix like a clip that has gone? Thanks in advance
Check the return spring on the clutch pedal...I thought I had an expensive clutch issue with the same symptoms a year ago on previous car...took to my local place and they didn’t even charge me for putting the spring back on...good lads down there.

Reactions: Scotter280
Dec 28, 2019
Check the return spring on the clutch pedal...I thought I had an expensive clutch issue with the same symptoms a year ago on previous car...took to my local place and they didn’t even charge me for putting the spring back on...good lads down there.
Hi,
Don’t suppose you know where it’s located so I can take a look? Cheers

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hi,
Don’t suppose you know where it’s located so I can take a look? Cheers
Not exactly on the Leon but generally they are in the footwell at at or near the top of the clutch pedal...you’ll have to get right down in the footwell and follow the pedal right up and you should be able to feel it if it’s still attached or flapping around if it’s loose

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Hi,
Have you managed to sort the clutch problem out? I’ve had clutch pedal issues with my fr184 (16 reg, 20k miles). Started back in January as an intermittent sticking of the clutch pedal rather than loss of pedal completely. So far it’s had slave cylinder *2, flywheel and full pedal assembly (on warranty) and for good practice a new clutch when the box was out (first time around). The dealership (pentagon seat) really seem overwhelmed at diagnosing it. It was booked in for master cylinder replacement before the shutdown, which is the only bloody thing that hasn’t been replaced. It hasn’t leaked any fluid that I can see and the fluid reservoir has not dropped. Hopefully the master cylinder replacement sorts it out but it’s beyond annoying now!

Mar 23, 2019
Hi did you get sorted on this? my fr150 has started doing this at 75k, it seems to getting worse when I cant even get it into gear and with working for the NHS I need my car.

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Hi did you get sorted on this? my fr150 has started doing this at 75k, it seems to getting worse when I cant even get it into gear and with working for the NHS I need my car.
As a key worker mate you’ll be able to book that in. I don’t suppose you have warranty on it? I know there’s a few seat service centres open for key workers. All most certain that will be gearbox out as sounds like you’ve had a full on failure of slave or master cylinder. Have you checked the brake/clutch fluid reservoir level?

Mar 23, 2019
As a key worker mate you’ll be able to book that in. I don’t suppose you have warranty on it? I know there’s a few seat service centres open for key workers. All most certain that will be gearbox out as sounds like you’ve had a full on failure of slave or master cylinder. Have you checked the brake/clutch fluid reservoir level?

Yeah I’m going to ring Arnold Clark tomorrow as I’m sure I took out a 2yr warranty. fluids are fine and there’s no sign of a leak anywhere, hopefully they will sort it ASAP cause it’s becoming abit of a nightmare using my dads car

Reactions: Jay5959

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah I’m going to ring Arnold Clark tomorrow as I’m sure I took out a 2yr warranty. fluids are fine and there’s no sign of a leak anywhere, hopefully they will sort it ASAP cause it’s becoming abit of a nightmare using my dads car
Aye hopefully you get it sorted quickly mate! Let us know how you get on

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Did you have any luck mate? Mines been in for the master cylinder. It’s early days, but so far it seems to have solved

Any luck mate? I had the master cylinder changed a week ago. It’s early days but so far so good!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise