Collecting. At this morning

Leegaryhall

Jan 10, 2015
Hello all, new member here.
My ride is a new Audi S3 which I live, but I have purchased a seat Leon for the other half for her 90 mile a day commute to work on her new job, which we collect this morning!

Leon Mk3 2.0tdi SE 5 dr with Tech Pack 150bhp
Black 63 reg - 6500 miles on the clock

Think I got a good deal, paid £12995 for it from main dealer in New Year's Eve.

Thought on this model/engine

Ta

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Hello all, new member here.
My ride is a new Audi S3 which I live, but I have purchased a seat Leon for the other half for her 90 mile a day commute to work on her new job, which we collect this morning!

Leon Mk3 2.0tdi SE 5 dr with Tech Pack 150bhp
Black 63 reg - 6500 miles on the clock

Think I got a good deal, paid £12995 for it from main dealer in New Year's Eve.

Thought on this model/engine

Ta

Hey.

Don't like the non FR models, but that's just my taste. But the 2.0 TDI is a nice engine, you should be getting bellow 5l/100km on a mix driving, lots of torque and reliable from what I've been told, read. The price was great, just too bad, it's not the FR:D.

Welcome and good luck with the car:).

Leegaryhall

Jan 10, 2015
To be fair, yes would rather a FR, but this is for the Mrs and it was top end of our budget.
FR equivalent would have been 15-16k minimum.

The car drives really nice and seems it has plenty of toque...and that was after coming straight out of my S3, so it must have left an impression in me

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
I wanted the 1.4 tsi and went for the SE. I couldn't see any advantage in the FR and I did try one. I didn't want all the modes or the harder ride and especially not the stupid noise generator! And as for coloured ambient interior lighting - you have to be very sad to be impressed by that! Incidentally, they are very rare here in Spain- I have only seen one on the road in over a year.

If I had wanted the higher performance engines then that would have ruled out the SE and I would have had to go for the FR.

I am very happy with the 1.4SE and think it is a fantastic engine. Just don't need the expensive FR stuff - no use to me at all.

However I could be tempted by the Cupra which to me is the real deal. I am hoping the new SUV Leon, like the ST, will have a Cupra version. If it does that will be the one for me especially as it will probably have 4WD.

Leegaryhall

Jan 10, 2015
Update on my collection of car today….it didn't happen !!
Arrived just before 9am to collect the car, went in, saw the sales guys who sold me the car, he called the workshop to get them to bring the car round. A minute later the car turned up, someone got out and wiped of what was probably water or polish with a cloth.
The sales guy went out to see the driver and i saw him giving the car a once over, he then came in and called another guy to take a look and then came in and apologised.

We went outside to the car where i could see a ruddy great big scuff on the rear corner bumper !! WTF

Obviously one of the useless European (no offence) valet staff has either clipped another car or wall or another numpty had caught this car. Sales rep said it was immaculate yesterday!

So what to do? sales guys said i could do all the finance etc take the car and they would collect i the week and repair damaged and then return the car. I said no as i want to see the quality of the repair first, so got to go back next weekend to collect…f*****S

What would you have done?

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
blown my stack, probably. No doubt the repair WOULD/will be immaculate, but it's your call. Think I;d have told them to fix it before parting with the cash.
real shame. Great price for a 63 with 6500 miles.
I bough a year-old merc a few years back that had picked up a scuff.deep scratch on the front RH corner of the valance. " days later it was invisible.
These things are plastic - not like it might rust through!

Leegaryhall

Jan 10, 2015
Asked for a few freebies as compensation for my wasted morning (had to travel an hour each way)
So hoping for full tank of diesel, SEAT dust caps for wheels and a boot liner, so not being to greedy.

Let's see what happens!

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Depending how bad scuff, it may polish out with a machine, if any paint needed id ask them to find a replacement car

Dont sign finance papers till your happy

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
Depending how bad scuff, it may polish out with a machine, if any paint needed id ask them to find a replacement car

Dont sign finance papers till your happy

You may be surprised at how many brand new cars will have some sort of paint!

As long as they do a job you are happy with and you cannot tell, go for it, especially if it's the right car for you, and even more so if it's at a price at the lower end of what it should be.

As you say, just get them to chuck in as much as possible as compensation for your wasted time.

Leegaryhall

Jan 10, 2015
Dealer not being too generous with any compensation, a full tank of diesel (when 1/4 tank was already in there) repair to bumper (wouldn't be needed if wasn't for new scuff) and re smart guarding the car (again wouldn't be needed if it wasn't for the scuff) so basically for my wasted Saturday morning and hour each way journey and fuel in the S3 we are basically getting about £50 worth of diesel...not overly impressed to be honest and I have made that clear in my email to the dealer. I have basically said that at least I now know the level of customer service to expect when considering future purchasing and servicing requirements at their dealership.
All I was asking for was about £40 worth of accessories (prob £20 to them) which I didn't think was unreasonable.
Let's see their response ( if I get one lol)