Condensation AGAIN Arrggghhhhh

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Its that time of year again... the car is like a frikkin greenhouse whenever I try to drive it at night [:@]

All the windows are WET with condensation.... takes a few minutes before I can safely drive away.

Car has been to 3 different dealers, who insist that theres nothing wrong, so WTF ?????

I can find no leaks, the cracked rear lamp lens was replaced earlier in the year - and I hoped that cured it, but now the cold damp nights are back - so is the damp.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

What is the official way to clear the front screen ?????? ie, aircon + hot, aircon + cold, external air or recirc ?? etc etc ?

I shouldnt need to drive with a squeegee in my hand in a 2 year old car :censored:

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
Yes I remember the previous shape Polo had this problem, I'm afraid the moisture tub will do the job but it's a pain leaving it in your car overnight, especially a new one...

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
First tip - do not use recirculation for the air flow - take fresh air from outside.

Second - don't run the inside temp too high - 18 to 20 is enough - it won't warm up any quicker if you hike the temp setting.

Next - Try some rain-x ANTI FOG treatment. Been using it for years now.

Although it says Anti-Fog - it is extremely good at cutting the condensation inside the car windows.

If you are really struggling - get a 450g PINGI and leave it in the car till it indicates it wants recharging
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PINGI-450...313912?hash=item4af4d70bf8:g:zLQAAOxy4eJTKaos

Last edited:

sssingletrack

Oct 25, 2015
Also try cleaning your windows thoroughly, oils and dirt will hold water and cause more condensation.

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
The air conditioner dehumidifies air because water condenses inside it which is good for clearing screens etc but that water has to go somewhere and whe you leave it over night it comes back out and sticks to the screen!!

leave the air con off and get the heat full on and drop a window a touch!!

you need to evaporate the water thats hanging about and let it out the car!

I used to have this problem on my Audi A4 till someone suggested this and hey presto no more problems

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
The air conditioner dehumidifies air because water condenses inside it which is good for clearing screens etc but that water has to go somewhere and whe you leave it over night it comes back out and sticks to the screen!!

leave the air con off and get the heat full on and drop a window a touch!!

you need to evaporate the water thats hanging about and let it out the car!

I used to have this problem on my Audi A4 till someone suggested this and hey presto no more problems

How do you know the water doesn't drain outside the car (which I think it does)?

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Sorry, but why not?

because when air goes through the evaporator which is in affect a radiator thats cold the moisture condenses and sticks to the tubes and foil

eventually when enough water has collected to cause it to drip it will leak out on to the road!

they can hold a lot of water before they start to drain and when they drain its only because the evaporator can't hold any more

Auto-Air-Conditioning-Repair-System-Diagram.jpg

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Yeah but if the evaporator is outside the cabin then it doesn't matter. Either way, having aircon on works a treat for me.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Never had any problems, in either this or previous R. Always use the air con, and cover long distances. Work Passat is the same, and I can be in that for hours, and I'm a bit of a sweaty chubster.....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.