Convenience pack - CH and LH lights

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Just a thought (because I don't yet have a car to mess with) :)

Could it be that the flash method is required when the lights are not set to AUTO?

or alternatively

The CH LH feature is on the car as standard even without the convenience pack being fitted? So the flash method is required when no light sensor is fitted (ie as part of the convenience pack?

That was my thinking, as standard without the pack from the brochure:

Coming home headlight function (manual)

But auto as I quoted in post above with the pack/light sensor.

Last edited:

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
if you have rain light sensor and the lights switch is set to the auto position and the lights are on(they have been activated because its dark) then the lights will stay on for the preset period when you take key out of ignition and lock the car.
if you dont have rain light sensor then the flash of the headlamps will activate the coming home function as previously described.
hope that clears up any confusion :)

TIMBUCK2

This thread is turning into a saga !

Anyway I've just tried it again on my mk3 FR (with convenience pack) to double-check and it definitely works as follows:

Leaving home - main light switch set to Auto, unlock the car with the fob, lights come on for the duration set via the Easy Connect system.
Coming home - main light switch set to Auto, switch engine off, open door, lights come on for the duration set via the Easy Connect system. Definitely no need to flash the headlights each time, although did need to do this the very first time - it seems like this initially activates the function but after that all fully automatic. Happy days!

Hopefully this clears it up once & for all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise