Couple Issues water+overheating

Mar 18, 2020
Yeah the fuse was fine, there is some other funny battery drain issue too. I was looking at all the other vw video nothing really helpful. I did find an earth cable that wasn't connected to anything

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
On top of everything else, that car might need its BCM programming corrected. I had that on a late 2009 Ibiza 1.4 16V 86PS and that is very difficult for a dealer to track down as the company technical information resource moves on so quickly that earlier problems get forgotten about. Note here if that car was used regularly up until now, it could have had that BCM programing fault from initial build but it di not cause any problems.
What can happen is that after looking for logged faults and finding none, a proper sensible dealer's tech should register a request for technical support from SEAT worldwide on their technical resource help system, that will reveal where this BCM patch/update can be located.

Edit:- maybe give that idea a miss as these cars did not have a BCM and so did not have this programming issue that the early cars of the next version had!

Last edited:
Reactions: tangoonex
Mar 18, 2020
Turn out to be an earth cable has loose reconnected and its all back to good thanks to all who help

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
Are you sure that the cooling fan has a resister in circuit?
I've yet to see a car that doesn't have the radiator fan either flat out or off.

Sent from my computer using two index fingers

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Are you sure that the cooling fan has a resister in circuit?
I've yet to see a car that doesn't have the radiator fan either flat out or off.

Sent from my computer using two index fingers

All cars that are only fitted with one fan, will have a "two speed fan" I think, cars fitted with two fans, might only have two single speed fans, or a single speed and a two speed.

One way to check which type of fan is fitted is to unplug the fan's power supply connector and if there are 2 wires in the connector then that fan is single speed, if there are 3 wires it is two speed. I'm fortunate enough to have never ever needed to investigate fan running issues, so I've never needed to unplug a fan power feed connector. Also have a look at the fan control switch on the radiator, the "used wires" on a car with single speed fan will have fewer wires than on one with two speed. This info will appear on the generic responses on Google to the search for "VW engine fan issues" or a similar search phrase.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.