Couple of issue with a new Altea

themaskedavenge

Hi I new round here just got a 55 reg Altea TDI Sport love it (apart from the speakers!) Just spent time looking through the manual and it seems a little scant in places and I am left scratching my head on a couple of things

the Interior lights seem a little intermitant, this morning when I open the car they work lunchtime when I get in they dont. Is there anything special happening like a light sensor or something clever or is it to do with the door being open without the key in the ignition......I cant work out if there is method to this or its just a bit broken.

The other is the auto dimming rear mirror. The manual has nothing the mirror has a button and a green or red light, my guess is that while its on green its active but in the normal postion, press the button and its red which means its inactive..........or I could be completly wrong

Tell

Staff member
On the dimming rear mirror - green is good, keep it at that, I never put it off. Presume red is off.

On the lights... hmm, is the rocker switch flat in the roof that is how it normally is... no don't think there are any light sensors. Best of luck on that one.

Glad you are pleased with the car... I love it.

huxlee

themaskedavenge said:
the Interior lights seem a little intermitant, this morning when I open the car they work lunchtime when I get in they dont. Is there anything special happening like a light sensor or something clever or is it to do with the door being open without the key in the ignition......I cant work out if there is method to this or its just a bit broken.

my interior light worked intermitantly coming on and off when it wanted , untill it gave up. dealler replaced with new unit .

themaskedavenge

Thanks for all this will have one last poke at the weekend then off to the dealers me things

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.