Couple of newbie questions

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
The first question is a bit of a repeat of another post on here about driving profiles:

1) Do the driving modes/profiles make a big difference to economy/performance - there's not
really a great deal of info in the manual
I drove the round trip from Middlesbrough to Skegness in eco mode (approx 330 miles) and the computer indicated an average of 52MPG by the time I got home. The car was fully laden with 2 adults, 2 children and a full boot.

2) Should there be red LED strips in the doors or is this an optional 'pack'? The car has adjustable foot-well lighting.

Other than that it's a fab drive for a 1.4 litre engine!

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi, I find the profiles do make a big difference, the throttle response in my 1.4 fr is noticeable between normal and sport. I get better mpg in sport than in eco, strange but true. The red led in doors was standard fr equipment when I got mine. Hth.

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
I thought I read on here previously that the door card lights were removed in the MY14 revisions.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
My ST FR, brand new 2 weeks ago, has lights in the door cards, white most of the time but red in 'Sport' mode. As suggested earlier I'm pretty sure the brightness can be adjusted in the menu, it certainly can for the footwell lights.
Conal

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I've not noticed the LED lights in the doors, could they be disabled (or broken) if they are standard fit on an FR?

Go into car setting, lights, and you will see settings for footwell, instruments and doors, adjust accordingly. They are not overly bright on max unless you spec'd the LED pack, as other have said the door card lights etc. are standard on the FR.

Last edited:

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
They are actually working. When I left work tonight I switched the car to sport mode and noticed straight away that they turned red. They don't really stand out when white unless you know what you are looking for.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Seat do an LED upgrade when ordering new, it would be good if an after market interior LED kit was available.

Anyone????

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
not seen a kit, but some people have been ordering aftermarket LED sets from ebay for boot light, fogs, indicators etc.
lot of faffing around, though.
My LED/Tech pack doesn't include LED indicators, reverse lights etc, but frankly I'm not bothered. I replaced the reversing light this week but it didn't seem to make much difference

Ewan

May 7, 2008
Unless you have the DSG model the modes make very little difference at all in my opinion.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise