Cr170 blue+white smoke , constantly idling at 1k

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Hi all

Having an issue with my cr170

Car is a 2011 , jf the car is sat in traffic or idling for a short period and then I set off and give it slight welly a big puff of blue smoke comes out the exhaust then followed by puffs of white smoke, just curious where I should be looking first , it does clear up when driving but another thing I've noticed is the car is constantly trying to regen itself near enough every journey but not had any dpf lights

Checked the oil and found it to be over the max so I've got some quantum 5w30 and I'm going to changing it tomorrow and see how it goes but I'm stumped to what the issue could be.

Any help?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Sounds like the DPF is pretty plugged up, are you not taking it down the motorway to give it chance to regen?

Sling a bottle of Wynns in the tank and go for a decent drive

555770340.jpg

If you still have issues you can get some spray to put directly onto the filter, will clear it enough to prevent constant regenerations.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Sounds like the DPF is pretty plugged up, are you not taking it down the motorway to give it chance to regen?

Sling a bottle of Wynns in the tank and go for a decent drive

555770340.jpg

If you still have issues you can get some spray to put directly onto the filter, will clear it enough to prevent constant regenerations.
Thanks for the reply that sounds a good idea never thought an additive would be any use

Not long bought the car it's what I've noticed over the last few weeks, I'm a usual seat enthusiast after owning a mk1 leon and 3 mk2 leon cupras/fr but opted for a cr170 Octavia vrs for the bigger boot and the price was right but the seat forum I highly regard as I've been a member a few years on here

I will give that a try first though and report back for others in the futures benefit thank yoy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise