Creaking Seals

JezzaA

Jul 19, 2020
Does anyone’s Ateca suffer from creaking door seals? Been to the dealer twice now and it’s keeps coming back!

Anyone got any solutions / suggestions as to what can fix it?

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Weird, mine doesn't do that. At least as far as I'm able to hear.

But, I have creaking noise from somewhere around the passenger A pillar/dashboard that drives me nuts

In my personal opinion, compared to the SEAT Leon I've previously owned, the build quality of the ATECA is by far worse.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

JezzaA

Jul 19, 2020
Mine sounds like it’s coming from a round the passengers seat belt area. The dealer is going to keep the car for a couple of days to see if they can fix it!

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Mine sounds like it’s coming from a round the passengers seat belt area. The dealer is going to keep the car for a couple of days to see if they can fix it!
They never do, it happens on all cars. They normally just apply some grease to it and forget about it. Some people just use a little fairly liquid to ease it up. You can get a special lube for it somewhere i believe.

This stuff is the fix. https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sonax-gummipflege-rubber-treatment-stick

Last edited:

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
I don't think I've had any creaks or rattles (As yet), but i'll keep an ear out.
By all means dont !
Because once you start hearing them, you'll start to maniacally look for them all of the time.
Because eventually you'll find out that the whole car is squeaking & rattling

Reactions: Tell and Terry99

Tell

Staff member
Cold weather thing on dashes as well not that we have that at the moment. There was a spate of the little boxes dropping off behind the dashes of early Ateca's reported. German Ateca forum referred to them as boxes they could have been cable clips or something. I had one clink once as one dropped down on a long drive across Europe but other than that all good, no creaks.

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
By all means dont !
Because once you start hearing them, you'll start to maniacally look for them all of the time.
Because eventually you'll find out that the whole car is squeaking & rattling

Ohh great, now im worried, i have one near the passenger back seats and it's driving me insane already. Can't pinpoint the location near the seatbelts.