Cupra 280 hesitation

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Hi, wondering if anyone has had similar or can shed some light? Sometimes when Im giving the car about half throttle it’ll have flat spots in the acceleration, usually in 4th or 5th (dsg) It feels like it’s pulling normally then will just go flat and then start pulling again randomly, the revs don’t change though they go up as normal. It probably does this about 50% of the time. It has no fault codes at all and my mechanics doesn’t know where to start. Thanks in advance.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
I've not noticed flatpsots during acceleration but theres loads of things that bug me with it which my MK2 FR DSG didn't do. Its the same gearbox but I guess its programmed a bit differently.

Theres loads of throttle lag from standing and also if you slow down then speed up again. Also sometimes when you accelerate in sport auto it kind of engine brakes on itself and throws you forward before it accelerates. All the problems I have I've read other people also have so its not just my car.

I'll try and see if mine does what you're talking about next time I'm in it though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.