Cupra 290 ordered, joining the club soon

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
Morning all,

Just popping in to say hello as I placed an order (lease) for a Leon Cupra 290 Lux 5dr Hatchback in Mystery Blue last week. I'm hoping for delivery before the end of April, so what do I need to know before I get it?

Cheers,

Cano

Reactions: bgb

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Join the Shell loyalty scheme for when you use VPower haha

Oh and detailing stuff... Lots of it.

Did I mention we like spending other people's money here?

You shouldnt need anything as it's a great car... A few tweaks I guess would be replacing the lower engine mount so you don't get lots of wheel hop under power. Also you may want to look at something like carista or obdeleven to help with little tweaks electrical wise.

A MK3 guy will be along soon I'm sure to give you more info.

Cheers and welcome

Reactions: kazand

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
No worries, my other car is a 2004 Boxster S so I'm no stranger to V-Power and Tesco 99 RON.

Likewise, I have a bag full of Menzerna polishes, a Megiuars G220 etc etc....that money is already spent :D

I'll stay away from mods for now as it is a lease car, but Carista looks promising.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Welcome :)

As above, invest in some shares with Shell maybe...get a tanker to follow you around haha.

It's not actually that bad on fuel. Most people tend to get around 30mpg depending on how they drive.

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
I get just over 30mpg from the 6 pot boxster. I really hope I can eeek a little more from the Cupra.

I've ordered the LUX trim, with the digital cockpit. A question about that, if I'm using Android Auto for Waze nav, does that display on the digital cockpit screen or does that only work for the car's in built nav?

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
I get just over 30mpg from the 6 pot boxster. I really hope I can eeek a little more from the Cupra.

I've ordered the LUX trim, with the digital cockpit. A question about that, if I'm using Android Auto for Waze nav, does that display on the digital cockpit screen or does that only work for the car's in built nav?

Only works with the cars built in nav unfortunately

Mar 29, 2019

Had my Lux a week, engines loosening up and getting better by the mile.

38mpg is an easy average for me on a run, first two ranks have been around 350miles (only disappointing thing I’ve found so far, tank is too small!)

Nav doesn’t show in between the clocks when using your phone. But to be honest the Google maps is easier to use and better than the Seat sat Nav and the central dash view is easy to see.

You’ll love the Lux.

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
Just had the call, my car will be delivered on the 10th May!! :D

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just had the call, my car will be delivered on the 10th May!! :D

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Awesome! Best call you've ever had is it haha

Get some pics up when you get it!

Apr 23, 2019
Morning all,

Just popping in to say hello as I placed an order (lease) for a Leon Cupra 290 Lux 5dr Hatchback in Mystery Blue last week. I'm hoping for delivery before the end of April, so what do I need to know before I get it?

Cheers,

Cano

Hey cano, did the dealership give you a 4 week lead in time? I've just ordered the same car and spec (lux) and was told c. 12 weeks!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise