Cupra 300 st with mk7.5 golf estate exhaust

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Thanks for your quick reply.
I'm planning to keep my resonator, so I will need to cut it somewhere to get it fitted but that's fine to me.

I just got the information that the number stamped on the exhaust I'm looking at is 5Q5253611AM, which is the same as the ST Cupra Carbon version (with resonator), I'm happy with the soundclips of that car on Youtube as that should be the same for my Cupra.
That might be the number for the backbox only.

Of course it is possible to cut the resonator from your original exhaust to put to the new one and then add a few sleeves/brackets to hold it all together.

Reactions: michiel-cupra
Apr 17, 2023
So letting the Mk8 idea go, I finally found a Mk7.5 variant muffler axle-back. It came from an OPF equipped car.
I've read this whole thread and did not find information this muffler will fit my Cupra (2017, no OPF), and if these backboxes are different from the mk 7.5 no OPF version, because I'm looking for the improvement in sound these offer.

Anyone who can help me on this?
Hey,

can u tell me where you did find the Exhaust? Are there any sources where i can get it at a reasonable price?

best regards

Jan 16, 2023
Hey,

can u tell me where you did find the Exhaust? Are there any sources where i can get it at a reasonable price?

best regards
Found it 2nd hand eventually. I don't know where you live (I'm from The Netherlands) but it's pretty hard to find these. However you can buy them new for around 1200 EURO's, if you really want it. I decided to wait and search for 2nd hand.

Apr 17, 2023
i am from Germany. Yeah 1200 is the Price which i also found. For that i could get a Remus Exhaust.

May 1, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a leon cupra st 300 2019 plate with OPF :). I did read all the comments about the exhaust swap from oem Cupra to golf R 7.5 exhaust.
I couldnt find the answer though. My question is: I found a Golf 7.5 R exhaust from 2017 with resonator(NO OPF). I wanted to cut of de backboxes and weld it to my allready fitted leon cupra st 300 exhaust (with OPF). Is this possible or have someone tried it before? Sadly i cant find the backboxes from a mk7.5 R with OPF.
Thanks!

Jan 16, 2023
Hi there,

I see that a number of people have the Maxton V3 diffuser for the Golf R Variant exhaust.
I mounted this on my car, the top side of the diffuser was mounted pretty quickly, but at the bottom I can only make brackets on both sides, the spoiler is slightly loose on the longer middle side. Has anyone come up with something for this? Or is this no problem? I hope the images support my story.

Mar 19, 2024
Hello!
Im writing this, because I was looking for Golf Variant catback for a long time while back. I came across on this site looking for help and info. I studied every post and it was super helpful.

I got my hands on one of those exhausts from 2019 Golf R Variant. Went through 3 differents setups referring to middle silencer.

First I tried no middle silencer, but it was ultra loud and not suitable for daily cruising around.

(
)

Then I put 2.75' middle silencer, to silence things up but it still was quite loud. Still not something that I was looking for.

(
)

Finally I went for my oe middle silencer lying in the abbys of my garage and that was the best choice. It silenced whole exhaust and made it more bass and less metalic, don't get me wrong, it still is loud under load, but comparing to 2.75' middle silencer there is 80% less noise inside the cabin. Now its almost like stock cupra inside while outside you can hear pleasant sound.

(
)

In addition I have turbo swap for Garrett Powermax 1 on all those videos, which increases slightly volume of the exhaust, so if you have IS38 it may be a little less noisy.

Thanks all for this site

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise