cupra 4 new chassis tips

May 7, 2020
Hello,
I have a problem with choosing new chassis for my 2002 leon cupra 4 tdi. The chassis are almost the same on all 1m leons. I was wondering if I want to go oem or aftermarket. Maybe lower a little bit. What brand and type do you recommend to buy or what is your experience. I have found some brands like kw whitch is one of the best but also expensive. But the brand AP is also very popular. Does someone has it and do you reccomend it? Thanks

Last edited:
May 8, 2020
Hi Dennis I have a 2005 cupra r running ap suspension it's ok a little harsh on bumpy roads, I also have a 2002 1.9 tdi 90s running eBay 30mm lowering springs much better for every day use, would also recommend poly bushes

Reactions: Denis_cupra4

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I would have a look at GAZ shocks.
They make for road. Fast road race and top level stuff. Explains to them what you want it for and then they will say what's best for your car and driving conditions. Also as said I would powerflex the car when you got it in bits. It can only be a good thing

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Uhm if you’re 4wd then the shocks/springs/coilovers from the Cupra or the Cupra R will NOT work. You need to look for Audi TT Quattro, Audi S3, Audi A3 Quattro, Golf mk4 Vr6 4motion, and mk4 R32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andycupra

status subject to change
i put some APs on my Mk1 cupra. regretted it. awful. worse than the standard suspension.
By the time you factor in labour or effort to fit, it makes more sense to avoid the budget end, another £100 overall is not alot but improves the options and quality of kit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members