Price
Mileage
Transmission
Auto
Fuel Type
Petrol

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Hi all, haven't posted in a while and the CA thread is pretty bare, but I thought I'd put this on here first in case a fellow member would be interested.

I am going to be selling my Cupra Ateca in March (after the service and MOT booked at the end of February). The car will be sold with full Cupra service history (Cupra Care - 3 services), a year's MOT and a transferrable 1year dealer warranty.

The C&S Pack gives all the tech you could need - adaptive cruise control, beats audio (with sub), electric tailgate, lane assist, this is in addition to the large amount of tech anyway: 360/top view Cameras, park assist, heated front seats, Dynamic Chassis Control, blind spot monitoring, front/rear collision assist, etc. The car is loaded.

The C&S pack (registered in March 2020) conveniently had a c£39k list price, meaning it's low tax (£165/y) unlike some of the newer models which went over the 40k. Car is currently under 21k, so will be sold with 21-22k miles.

Car is in good condition all round, alloy wheels will be touched up this month. There are a few stone chips but nothing unexpected for the mileage. Car has always been run on E5 99ron fuel (usually momentum). Car will be valeted prior to sale too (with pics being updated then). Car is not financed so nothing to clear either.

If anyone on the forum is interested, please let me know and any other details can be added. As above, wanted to offer up to fellow enthusiasts first before considering Autotrader or WBAC, etc. More pictures on instagram @the_cupra too. Feel free to message me on there.

Asking price is £29,500ono - it's very difficult to value this car (as there aren't any C&S on autotrader) and so open to offers from genuine buyers.

Cheers
Mike!

Attachments

• car arch.JPG
    car arch.JPG
    781.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Reactions: H Rafiq

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Looks a very nice car, Mike. I understand how difficult it is for you to value your car accurately. I’ve sold many a car on Auto Trader. Other Cupra Atecas on there range from £27.5-30.0k with 20-23k miles. All of those are dealer sellers, which doesn’t help your valuation. A couple of which do have the C+S pack like your car. A 20-reg like yours would hopefully go for >£28k but, as a private seller, that price will be slightly less than that which a dealer would sell your car at. Search under both the ‘CUPRA’ make and ‘Seat’ make for Cupra Atecas. There are a couple listed under ‘CUPRA’, one of which has the C+S pack. Although, most Cupra Atecas are listed under the Seat make.

I will be in the market for either a Cupra Ateca or Ateca soon (family increasing in size 🤞🏼 ). I wasn’t planning on upgrading as soon as March but, if the right ones comes along, I wouldn’t want to pass the opportunity by. Currently own a Leon Cupra 280. Does your car have the sunroof option?

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
I have scoured Autotrader within 100 miles of me and found one C&S with much higher mileage. It doesnt help now that half the cars are under SEAT and half are under CUPRA. I have a motorway estimated valuation too which is useful, but I want to sell private because I can only transfer the warranty on a private sale. The backup will always be a dealer sale, but they'll only list it for 3k higher!!

And no it doesn't have Pan roof. I always wanted it, but it would've bumped the list price over £40k - not worth the extra £1500 in tax over 5 years!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Definitely sell privately if you can. You’ll get much less if you part ex, or go to WBAC etc. I’d have thought. Although, I have sold to WBAC in the past as the price they offered me was much higher than the average price on Auto Trader, oddly. Even better than the price dealers were selling the same cars for.

Reactions: Mike the_cupra

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
I sold my Golf R to a dealer (after listing on autotrader) but that was before Covid when the demand was quite low. We then sold our Polo to a dealer too in 2020 when the demand was really high and the prices had gone up massively. Both good experiences and so wouldn't mind doing it again, except for the above. I don't think selling this car back to a dealer with a wasted warranty would do it justice!

Reactions: H Rafiq

cupraatecastu

Jun 29, 2020
I sold my Golf R to a dealer (after listing on autotrader) but that was before Covid when the demand was quite low. We then sold our Polo to a dealer too in 2020 when the demand was really high and the prices had gone up massively. Both good experiences and so wouldn't mind doing it again, except for the above. I don't think selling this car back to a dealer with a wasted warranty would do it justice!
I sold my 2019 Cupra Ateca in September, at that time Carwow achieved me a lot more than WBAC and Motorway. I also tried two Cupra dealers first, my local one and one other who shall remain nameless, both offered an insulting figure. So worth checking Carwow if you can’t sell privately.

Reactions: Mike the_cupra
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members