Cupra Connect renewal issue

Swebby

Aug 6, 2022
Hi has anyone encountered any issues when trying to renew Connect ? All I get is errors or £0 to pay. Contacted Cupra/Seat and I’m just going round in circles

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Strange? I renewed about 4 weeks ago on to the 2 year contract using the link through the app and had no issues. Have you tried giving them a call?

Swebby

Aug 6, 2022
After several emails back and forth I think a phone conversation is inevitable

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
How long do you get with a new car and how much is renewal?
Well I should sit down for this; you get a miserly 1 year free then at renewal time it's £119 for 1 year or £199 for 2 years. Renewal can be done through the app or online.

Reactions: Andy.M

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Blinking hell. That’s the sort of question you don’t think to ask when buying a car!
Range Rover were a lot cheaper than that.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
You're not wrong, I never thought to ask either. First 3 years were free with my BMW and then just £79 to renew!

Swebby

Aug 6, 2022
When I started having problems renewing I questioned with the dealership and depending who I spoke to couldn’t decide whether it was free for one year three years or more.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Glad I never bothered with it, the car goes great without it.
Do you get constant messages popping up reminding you to renew ?
Apart from losing the ability to see stuff on the app what else do you lose?
Traffic on the sat-nav and map updates I presume?

Swebby

Aug 6, 2022
No reminders but the security 24/7 is reassuring and yes the updates were a bonus

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
No reminders as the dealer did something in the menus when I told him I was not interested at car delivery. As for map updates I had my 280 for near 8 years and never got the sat nav updated in that time. I managed for years without sat nav in the old days and still have a up to date UK map in the car just in case, my bike has no sat nav and getting lost now and then is all part of the fun when the maps come out. Over the years I have even taught the Mrs to read a map and she used to sit in the front telling me that the junction we just passed was the one to take. :doh:

Reactions: Andy.M and SRGTD

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I didn't bother updating for a month and got no reminders in that time. The car worked fine of course but the app was dead. With it being a hybrid I missed the ability to schedule the charging and the pre heating/cooling etc. Yes I could schedule the charging in the car but the app is way more convenient.

Swebby

Aug 6, 2022
No reminders as the dealer did something in the menus when I told him I was not interested at car delivery. As for map updates I had my 280 for near 8 years and never got the sat nav updated in that time. I managed for years without sat nav in the old days and still have a up to date UK map in the car just in case, my bike has no sat nav and getting lost now and then is all part of the fun when the maps come out. Over the years I have even taught the Mrs to read a map and she used to sit in the front telling me that the junction we just passed was the one to take. :doh:
How strange my Mrs does exactly the same to me 😁 when the sat nav drags

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
I totally get the don’t need a satnav thing. But a good one with traffic re routing is a bloody good tool to have these days!
Even though I may know where I’m going I now use a nav simply for the traffic.
my usual weapon of choice is Waze and can be used on the car system via apple play

stutre

Jan 20, 2022
Hi has anyone encountered any issues when trying to renew Connect ? All I get is errors or £0 to pay. Contacted Cupra/Seat and I’m just going round in circles
Try [email protected]. these guys answered my question regarding why a passport number is needed for renewal straight away with a sensible answer as opposed to the false answer from UK customer care.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Try [email protected]. these guys answered my question regarding why a passport number is needed for renewal straight away with a sensible answer as opposed to the false answer from UK customer care.
Thanks for that email, I want to enable remote locking and my useless dealer has tried twice to get it done and failed. In fact from tomorrow they are no longer Cupra dealers! so I will try the digital support people.

Edit: email bounced back address does not exist

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Thanks for that email, I want to enable remote locking and my useless dealer has tried twice to get it done and failed. In fact from tomorrow they are no longer Cupra dealers! so I will try the digital support people.

Edit: email bounced back address does not exist
Typical, got too many calls so now gone.:(

Reactions: Andy.M
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise