cupra & cupra-r differences??

starletcraig

Hi to my understanding there is a 24bhp difference as standard between the two models???

Does anyone know what causes the difference?does the cupra-r simply run more boost??
Thanks and the reason i ask is because im picking up my new car later this week and interested to know the differences..
Craig

Ibiza Cupra

Thats completely incorrect!!!! Sorry.

The Cupra R has 180 bhp. The Cupra has 156bhp. Difference is the ECU. Does run more boost.

Plus the Cupra R Has 16" OZS Superturismos, Brembo brakes, Bigger Discs, Different style seats, Two gagues in the cubby hole by the gear stick. And a nica R on the front and back!!!!

Are you getting a Cupra or a Cupra R???

Ibiza Cupra

Very nice mate. I think Ruddmeister realised he didn't have a clue!!!! LOL! No offence mate.

Ibiza Cupra

Yes i forgot about that!!!! And i think only 200 were brought to the UK. Might be more not entirely sure on that!!!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
There was only 75 Cupra Rs brought into the UK

IIRC 16, or was it 11, of them were used for track day cars (Yellow and Red ones on X Plate normally) and 6 have been written off, so if these figures are right there is only 69 Cupra Rs left in the UK ;)

There was a bloke on here breaking a Yellow Cupra R recently

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Very nice mate. I think Ruddmeister realised he didn't have a clue!!!! LOL! No offence mate.

My responses were based on the LEON Cupra R hence why they were deleted, I missed the fact fact it was in the Ibiza section because I view posts by when they were posted not which section they are in.

Ibiza Cupra said:
Yes i forgot about that!!!! And i think only 200 were brought to the UK. Might be more not entirely sure on that!!!

Ibiza CupraIbiza said:
Cupra Maybe 75 left???? As i said i'm not sure!!!

Nice to know I'm in good company 'not having a clue'............No offence though ;)

Ibiza Cupra

My responses were based on the LEON Cupra R hence why they were deleted, I missed the fact fact it was in the Ibiza section because I view posts by when they were posted not which section they are in.

Nice to know I'm in good company 'not having a clue'............No offence though ;)
Quite. But i wasn't implying i knew this!!! Sorry if i have offended you. I am sure you were talking about the leon, i did think this.

Ibiza Cupra

CupraTgirl really does know wot she is talking about!!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise