Cupra facelift with copper bits from eaziwrap?

chouffe

Apr 16, 2020
Great ! I received my parcel, I will do this in the next days !
How compliacted was the bumpers compared to the mirrors ?

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
No too bad actually no cutting tape required. Just be patient and use a bit of heat. I used a heat gun.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
the vinyl on the sill plate looks good, i guess you have to trim back with a knife?

I like the bits internally, though I think I am just going to go for it and paint mine....

chouffe

Apr 16, 2020
the vinyl on the sill plate looks good, i guess you have to trim back with a knife?

I like the bits internally, though I think I am just going to go for it and paint mine....

I did not use any knife... can you please explain what you are thinking about ?

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 164

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Hi there !

Here are some before/after pictures of today's work :clown:
No it needs a big overall washing :wave:

The Seats and Door Sills look great. I have the R grills fitted to mine anyway and prefer the look of the black lettering. (mine is red). But i am thinking about some other black decals on the car just to add to the trim.

I will also be fitting the side blades after lockdown which have a gloss black trim on them. I have the CF Splitter and Reiger Diffuser too.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I really like the bumper 'blades' but no way id get them on straight. Fat too expensive to chance wasting the cash.

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
I really like the bumper 'blades' but no way id get them on straight. Fat too expensive to chance wasting the cash.
You get a link for you tube provided which shows instructions on how to fit. Its not to hard tbf and as its air release wrap u just squeegee it out

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

donoli74

Oct 13, 2018
An alternative as already mentioned are the cupra R inserts and paint matched OEM mirror caps. That way you get the OEM R look and don't need any wrapping skills.
View attachment 18065
View attachment 18066
Makes the car more agressive...love it.
I'm second guessing this mod....i have the nevada white cupra and i don't know if the white in combo with copper is the right choice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G9860 met Tapatalk

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Makes the car more agressive...love it.
I'm second guessing this mod....i have the nevada white cupra and i don't know if the white in combo with copper is the right choice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G9860 met Tapatalk
I think it works really well on white. The white Cupra R STs look awesome.

Reactions: donoli74

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I wonder if the copper blades could be stuck on the standard foglight unit, as an alternative to the wrap.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
OK lesson learned. The R mirror covers were fake. They had bad paint runs and the paint was still pretty soft. Clearly just standard Leon parts sprayed up on demand. The part number label and the inside of the mirror backs were covered in over spray.

Got them on Ebay from Andys.Autoparts. Im sending them back. They also took 2 weeks to be delivered, and were posted everal days after the guy sent a tracking number, which is also clearly fake since the post office doesnt recognise it.