Cupra Forentor VZ edition- pre order discount deduction information

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
Hi, just wanted to say hello. Hopefully I can shed a little light on the pricing on the VZ edition
I was confused over the pricing released this week by cupra, it looked like I was getting charged for the free option of Brembo brakes..
Been to the dealers today, they too were complexed by this but the matter has now been cleared up.
The dealer deducts £2020 from the car price so this takes the car price to £41,820.
The brochure price is the for the cost of the car to customers who did not preorder as they will continue to sell the edition model.
Seat/cupra also make a £1500 finance contribution, £500 test drive deduction(unfortunately I couldn't test drive but having a cupra ateca I'm sure I wont be dissappointed) plus £500 seat loyalty deduction for being a returning customer, so total saving was £4520 from list..

Also, to clear up, the paint is not matte, its Magnetic tech metalic

Anyway, deal is done and hopefully will take delivery in November

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Syphon

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks Ian. I received a much higher price today. So will wait for the dealer to come back.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
I am still not sure about the colour. Lot of videos have graphene gray colour. And when vz edition info was available online during pre booking it mentioned the color as magnetic tech matte and now as Ian mentioned its metallic. Hope getting into this brand isn't a mistake.

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
I had similar concerns with colour. Definitely didn't want matte paint, would be a night-time clean apparently. The dealer said the pre ordered editions are metallic paint not matte....46K...how is this possible?!

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
So Scott, are all launch editions Metallic or are the customers given an option to choose?

Reactions: Ian mc

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
The launch edition only comes in metallic magnetic tech, thats my understanding of what the dealer told me, outside of the launch edition any paint can be specified i believe

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks Ian. Is the pan roof included in the vz edition? I remember during the advert of August September time when they were advertising customers to pre book i am sure I had seen pictures of pan roof on vz edition. Were you given any optimal extras to select from.

Also metallic paint in 555 and matte is 1800 so I guess they are being cheeky.

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
Panoramic sunroof does come with the edition. Looking at the brochure, apart from tow bar there isn't any options really, Cupra formentor multiple variations replaces the options really, so, for example if you wanted the 19 inch copper and black alloys you would need to buy a VZ 3 or edition versions, you can't spec it on a lower model like a V when they get released, thats my understanding pal

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
In the pdf it says pan roof is an optional extra on standard or the vz edition. Have u checked on your order?

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
Its def in the order, see attached from online spec list
It is an option on VZ2 VZ3 variants

Attachments

• 20201025_103148.jpg
    20201025_103148.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 116
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.