CUPRA Formentor general discussion

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
The thing is, VWFS didn't cooperate when I was trying to do their early preferential termination. They didn't supply dealer with the cost of purchasing car off them. They only provided early termination cost, which wasn't relevant.

I just finished writing document with all errors that occured in my car. Looks like it all went downhill from July, starting with speaker pops.

May 2, 2021
My speakers pop when turning the window de-misters on (with the buttons by your right knee).
One pop per button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
My Formentor will be collected on Monday by BCA (rejection), exactly 9 months after delivery. It went for last wash and I checked it in detail to see if there's any damage. In July it had very small paint chip above the grill and nothing has changed there. Today, found a chip on lower part of body kit, smashed paint. Otherwise, car survived 9 months and 5250 miles pretty well. Being a bit taller, bonnet seems to be safe and unaffected by road debris.

It's a shame, it was better on paper, than on the road, at least in my subjective opinion.

According to computer, I spent 154h driving the car, probably less, than reading about it. BTW, Long-Term journey details are resetting after 99.59h.

Interestingly, after deleting user and restoring factory settings, digital dash kept my chosen view. And I got back purple ambient lighting.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
My Formentor will be collected on Monday by BCA (rejection), exactly 9 months after delivery. It went for last wash and I checked it in detail to see if there's any damage. In July it had very small paint chip above the grill and nothing has changed there. Today, found a chip on lower part of body kit, smashed paint. Otherwise, car survived 9 months and 5250 miles pretty well. Being a bit taller, bonnet seems to be safe and unaffected by road debris.

It's a shame, it was better on paper, than on the road, at least in my subjective opinion.

According to computer, I spent 154h driving the car, probably less, than reading about it. BTW, Long-Term journey details are resetting after 99.59h.

Interestingly, after deleting user and restoring factory settings, digital dash kept my chosen view. And I got back purple ambient lighting.
Sorry to hear that mate. But I know what you mean with the car, VZ Edition I had proper peeved me off hence it went.
What’s next ?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Sorry to hear that mate. But I know what you mean with the car, VZ Edition I had proper peeved me off hence it went.
What’s next ?
I'm not getting any replacement. BMW Z4 will be my only car for the time being. I know, I won't be able to go to some camping places and will have to read reviews to make sure access roads are ok, but I will survive.

Reactions: jcbmally

Mark_86

Sep 25, 2021
Mine finally arrives on 5th January. Ordered in September, so thats not too bad for a factory order. My current S3 took about twice as long to be built.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
What made you go for another Formentor?
I like the overall look of the car and like others there is nothing out there that has peeked my interest, well maybe an RS3 but that's just more than I am wiling to pay at the moment.
The infotainment was updated and slights changes in the MY22 got me thinking "it must be better now" but I have had some issues this week so its going in for an update.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.