CUPRA ID app

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Agree if it ain't working for you or you haven't set it up don't worry it's not the end of the world. You've pretty much summed it up really, decent to check range left of fuel out of the car and it does seem pretty reliable from my use so far. I used the ' horn and turn signals' feature just to see if it would work. ( It doesn't exactly get lost amongst cars in the car park ha). The other decent feature which I can see would be some use is the map and directions back to your car. So if you went somewhere you had never been before and weren't sure which direction your car was you can follow GPS to it.

The app did tell me that I had left my lights on and I went and checked and it was right I had manually overwritten the 'auto' lights on the console but with these modern cars anyway they turn themselves off to save the battery.? Long gone are the days where your battery becomes flat because you have left your lights on..

You can study your mpg on each individual drive as well and set the ventilation/ pre heating which will be useful on a frosty day but I've not played with these features properly yet.
Does it record when you are over speed limit :)

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Agree if it ain't working for you or you haven't set it up don't worry it's not the end of the world. You've pretty much summed it up really, decent to check range left of fuel out of the car and it does seem pretty reliable from my use so far. I used the ' horn and turn signals' feature just to see if it would work. ( It doesn't exactly get lost amongst cars in the car park ha). The other decent feature which I can see would be some use is the map and directions back to your car. So if you went somewhere you had never been before and weren't sure which direction your car was you can follow GPS to it.

The app did tell me that I had left my lights on and I went and checked and it was right I had manually overwritten the 'auto' lights on the console but with these modern cars anyway they turn themselves off to save the battery.? Long gone are the days where your battery becomes flat because you have left your lights on..

You can study your mpg on each individual drive as well and set the ventilation/ pre heating which will be useful on a frosty day but I've not played with these features properly yet.
Remote light and horn could be handy as security feature!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've read on the Cupra website that the app allows you to set speed limit and area where the car can go, idea being that you can lend your car to a friend and limit the hooning that can be done. Is this really in the app and does it work well?

I wonder what would happen if you exceed the area, does the car just slow down and stop?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I've read on the Cupra website that the app allows you to set speed limit and area where the car can go, idea being that you can lend your car to a friend and limit the hooning that can be done. Is this really in the app and does it work well?

I wonder what would happen if you exceed the area, does the car just slow down and stop?
I've had a play around and I don't think there is anything mechanical about it, it just sets alerts, so you can set the alert to push notifications onto you when the car exceeds your set speed.

You can also add up to 10 area alerts but can only activate 4 at once. So if you lend your missus the car and you think she's having an affair with your boss you can put his address in and she will be caught red handed.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've had a play around and I don't think there is anything mechanical about it, it just sets alerts, so you can set the alert to push notifications onto you when the car exceeds your set speed.

You can also add up to 10 area alerts but can only activate 4 at once. So if you lend your missus the car and you think she's having an affair with your boss you can put his address in and she will be caught red handed.
Ah so you just see the info about the speed limit being exceeded but the car is not really limited?

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow

So this in a way is added security as it acts like a tracker if car was stolen?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Ah so you just see the info about the speed limit being exceeded but the car is not really limited?
No I think that would cause all sorts of safety issue and would be illogical. If you wanted to be a **** you could set it to no faster than 20mph, what happens when they pull out onto the motorway? Haha

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
So this in a way is added security as it acts like a tracker if car was stolen?
Erm well no I'm not sure about that. You can activate 4 areas with a generic distance for the surrounding area. If the car goes into that area then you will be notified. So if you think someone will Rob it and try and export it over the channel at Dover then I guess you could put the Dover port in as your area and you will be notified if the car goes into that area.

Reactions: Peyton

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Erm well no I'm not sure about that. You can activate 4 areas with a generic distance for the surrounding area. If the car goes into that area then you will be notified. So if you think someone will Rob it and try and export it over the channel at Dover then I guess you could put the Dover port in as your area and you will be notified if the car goes into that area.
Sorry I will correct myself, I've just had another little play with it and you can zoom in and out to make the area perimeter as big as you want. You could make it cover the whole of the UK or bigger if you wanted to but would be receiving notifications all the time.

So yes you can create 10 areas but only have 4 active at any one time and you can decide how big those areas are 👍.

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
The perimeter ranges from an area that is 328ft to about 3000miles! So you can have it any size in-between them.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Sorry I will correct myself, I've just had another little play with it and you can zoom in and out to make the area perimeter as big as you want. You could make it cover the whole of the UK or bigger if you wanted to but would be receiving notifications all the time.

So yes you can create 10 areas but only have 4 active at any one time and you can decide how big those areas are 👍.

I've understood the website that the area is allowed area, not forbidden area. Is there an option to create an area car is allowed to be in?

Strange solution to be honest.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
You can set the area as one it can’t go into or one it can’t go out of.

Say for instance your car was at a garage or detailers having work done, you can set an area around their premises that if the car leaves you get a notification. This coupled with a high speed setting would indicate your car has been taken for a joy ride by the people your are trusting it with.

I set this up a week or so ago when my car was being ceramic coated. The car didn’t move from their premises the whole time and the app actually told me it was locked inside their building overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peyton and Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021

Say for instance your car was at a garage or detailers having work done, you can set an area around their premises that if the car leaves you get a notification. This coupled with a high speed setting would indicate your car has been taken for a joy ride by the people your are trusting it with.

I set this up a week or so ago when my car was being ceramic coated. The car didn’t move from their premises the whole time and the app actually told me it was locked inside their building overnight.

Makes a good little claim if anyone was to do something like that doesn't it

Reactions: Maypack

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021

Thank you. That makes more sense.

Now I am not sure if I want to know :D

Reactions: Maypack

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I'm happy to report, there's no need to put real personal data into Cupra ID for it to work. I created account with my standard fake data and was able to become primary user based on 2 key activation method. Car is visible in the app.

Salesman wrote down my email address, in case there's need to activate something, but everything worked ok.

Reactions: IanH72

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
I'm happy to report, there's no need to put real personal data into Cupra ID for it to work. I created account with my standard fake data and was able to become primary user based on 2 key activation method. Car is visible in the app.

Salesman wrote down my email address, in case there's need to activate something, but everything worked ok.
I have registered for the free trial. Like the idea of remote being able to switch the horn and indicator if anyone being too nosey round car :p
Not sure I need to know my mpg and miles when not sitting in car.!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.