Cupra Leon centre screen upgrade

Jun 16, 2022
I've seen that the new Cupra Leons for 2023 will come with the larger 12 inch centre display like the ones in the formentor. Wondering if there is the possibility to upgrade the screen in the current Cupra Leon which I think is 10 inch to the larger 12 inch display?

axeriano

Dec 5, 2022
Latvia
I've seen that the new Cupra Leons for 2023 will come with the larger 12 inch centre display like the ones in the formentor. Wondering if there is the possibility to upgrade the screen in the current Cupra Leon which I think is 10 inch to the larger 12 inch display?
It's probably not worth it, because the screen resolution is the same, so it has more pixel size.

Roughly how much would this cost? You could keep my current screen. And will all the animations etc be the same just on the bigger screen?

Yes everything is the same but bigger

May 5, 2022
You can swap the display, but the price for it is not worth it. You need to remove the air conditioning nozzles, trim, speedometer bezel, bezel on the left side of the center console …
Also, the display has a component protection and must be tuned in at the dealer.
The display costs around €900 in Germany.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
You can swap the display, but the price for it is not worth it. You need to remove the air conditioning nozzles, trim, speedometer bezel, bezel on the left side of the center console …
Also, the display has a component protection and must be tuned in at the dealer.
The display costs around €900 in Germany.
I'll bet that after all that is replaced a lot of creaks and rattles will appear too.

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
It's probably not worth it, because the screen resolution is the same, so it has more pixel size.
I have the new display on my Leon and it honestly is worth it. Everything is bigger and easier to touch. The resolution is good enough that you wont notice any big difference. Considering that so many things are controlled by the infotainment, the 12" screen in my opinion is really good.

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
I hate the radio favourites screen. Why it defaults to the plus button for adding a new station is ridiculous. Should be a tile of your favourites front and centre.