Cupra Leon Hybrid 1.4 2021 Fan not working

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Hi guys not sure if anyone has experienced this, Ive owned the 71 plate Cupra leon for over 5 weeks now and it developed a strange fault, unlocked car got in and it quickly flashed something about battery then went onto the infotainment battery manager showing it was running on engine. I thought ah must be too cold to start up some things on the battery but it was sitting at 69%. After 1 mile up the road I thought dam it's cold here pulled over and found the blowers had stopped, functionality on the infotainment was non existent and blower control was set high but even manually hitting the fan speed to max nothing, the fan blew nothing. Switched to AC then back to off moved the heating on and then off. So when I got back from a bloody cold drive at 0 degrees I reset back to factory unassigned primary user account from the infotainment and set it back up. Left for 30 mins went out heated car up and boom working, it was still working today too, not sure if anyone has come across this or knows what the cause is please? Just have a feeling I'm gonna FMAO one day and do a Jack frost special where things cause you to crash.

Last edited:

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Update this has gone wrong in about 30 mins of posting this, the battery functionality is greyed out on the infotainment on the battery manager so looks whatever it is is disabling the battery functionality. Just a note its cold outside about 2 degrees and that horrible damp light rain coming down (same as last night) but even if this is temperature related I'm still puzzled into what it can be.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.