cupra phev 245ps knoking noise

Aug 16, 2022
my cupra phev 245ps two weeks after collecting the car brand new, had to take it to the dealer because of a knoking noise and the car shaking. collected the car today after repairs. noise is much less and the shaking has stoped. has anyone had this same problem?
check the video i made on the link bellow.

any feed back is greatfull

Reactions: DjRaw
Aug 16, 2022
update....
Car still at the dealership....
they have changed the mechatronic unit but knoking still there.
Now they think that its the gearbox and they have ordered a new gearbox.

bought the car on the 15/07/2022
the car has been at the dealership since 05/09/2022 and its now 29/11/2022 what a joke

• Wow
Reactions: Ninjakebab
Aug 16, 2022
hello cupra comunity,
After 4 months i collected my car back from the dealer ship after repair and the car seams to still have the same problem.
because the production of the cupra leon phev in Portugal is suspended there is hardly any of these cars that been sold here so i cant find anyone to compare my car too.

is there anyone here that has the same car as mine ( cupra leon phev) that i can talk to via whatsapp so that you can test your car and see if you can here the same clanking as mine. so that i can compair with mine.

just so i can see if this clanking is on every model or is just mine that does this.

Please any help is apreciated

Leon245ps

Mar 30, 2022
Thessaloniki, Greece
Hi there,
I had similar noise issues. If you hit the car with your hand right over the wheel (right or left wheel), will you hear the noise? Or is it noticeable only while driving?
I was hearing the noise even when I did that hit with my hand (on the hood or over the wheel), while the car was stopped. After a lot of searching, I found out that the plastic cover under the engine (and under the whole car that is the continuation of the bumper to protect the car from bumps) wasn't screwed on well. So, I tightened the three bolts and the noise went away.
Hope that helps!

Aug 16, 2022
Update,
After 8 Months of my car at the dealer i got a new replacement from Cupra.
3 weeks later and 1200km no problems.
All is good now.

for my first new cupra st phev i paid 44000 euros witch was the base model with no extras.

after complaints and writing emails to the CEO's of Cupra Seat and VW Group telling them that i was going to take legal action they contacted me and told me that they are going replaced my car with a new one.
The car that they gave me is full of extras inc, diferente alloy wheels, safety pack XL, Mat Paint, Cupra Sports Steering Wheel, Matrix Headlights, Side Skirts, ect....
This car costs 53500 Euros and i did not have to play any extra.
Had to wait 4 months for the car but finally arrived.

here are some pictures of my car.

Attachments

• 20230504_104839.jpg
    20230504_104839.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230504_104817.jpg
    20230504_104817.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230504_104826.jpg
    20230504_104826.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 92

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Update,
After 8 Months of my car at the dealer i got a new replacement from Cupra.
3 weeks later and 1200km no problems.
All is good now.

for my first new cupra st phev i paid 44000 euros witch was the base model with no extras.

after complaints and writing emails to the CEO's of Cupra Seat and VW Group telling them that i was going to take legal action they contacted me and told me that they are going replaced my car with a new one.
The car that they gave me is full of extras inc, diferente alloy wheels, safety pack XL, Mat Paint, Cupra Sports Steering Wheel, Matrix Headlights, Side Skirts, ect....
This car costs 53500 Euros and i did not have to play any extra.
Had to wait 4 months for the car but finally arrived.

here are some pictures of my car.
Well that's what I call a result! Your new car looks fantastic 👌

Jan 12, 2024
my cupra phev 245ps two weeks after collecting the car brand new, had to take it to the dealer because of a knoking noise and the car shaking. collected the car today after repairs. noise is much less and the shaking has stoped. has anyone had this same problem?
check the video i made on the link bellow.

any feed back is greatfull

Hello! Same issue with my Cupra Formentor PHEV 204HP

I am taking legal actions due to I received an official letter from Cupra Martorell in Barcelona telling me that the problem is due to a construction technical characteristic related with the gearbox but it does not affect the useful life of the vehicle.

Anyway, any kind of breakdowns related with the gearbox are covered by Cupra.

My vehicle is 1 year old, totally new and with 8000km

any thoughts?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.