Cupra r couple of questions

Ghunter

Apr 17, 2012
Hello, I'm thinking of buying a cupra r 2011 35k miles,
Is there any issues or problems i should look out for.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hello, I'm thinking of buying a cupra r 2011 35k miles,
Is there any issues or problems i should look out for.

Over and above normal issues with used cars check bonnet lining, goes mouldy due to poor bonnet/panel joint, several threads on here about that. Check wheels and tyres, the 35 profile tyres are prone to pot hole damage, wheels can be buckled too. Check wear on inside of rear's , if tyres have 'saw tooth ' type wear on them car will be noisy ( sounds like worn wheel bearing) and will need 4 wheel alignment . Side bolsters on front seats have been an issue on some. If you know the reg of the car you are looking at might be worth posting on here, someone may know it and the history.
Do some searches on here, there are a few threads about common Leon issues , over and above what I've mentioned above.

Last edited:

Ghunter

Apr 17, 2012
Thanks for the reply , well iv put a deposit down now jus have to wait a couple of days for them to service and prepare it :)

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Is it the red one in charles hurst out of interest? It was a little over priced i thought and they fitted 4 new tyres but there budget tyres also they lock nuts wernt fitted only 4 nuts :S. He told me to hand brake it around the carpark lol. Its been on sale sense may id be a bit wary if i was you.

Ghunter

Apr 17, 2012
Actually yeah it is! Don't tell me they have been hand braking it about a carpark? When i was lookin at it only needed two front tyres the back ones were new. When did this happen?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Actually yeah it is! Don't tell me they have been hand braking it about a carpark? When i was lookin at it only needed two front tyres the back ones were new. When did this happen?
If they are budget kung po specials they won't last 5 minutes if it's been ragged. I don't ever recall been told to try handbrake turns on any test drives I've been on.... maybe I'm going to the wrong dealers ;)
if you are looking to buy and the tyres are worn/cheap/shite allow for that , decent 19's will be around £120 upwards. might be worth checking the one's fitted are correct rating, I'm sure correct is (I'm in bed and cba to go and look at car) 235/35 r19 91Y , if they are not it can be an issuewith insurance etc. possibly leverage on price?

Last edited:

Ghunter

Apr 17, 2012
Il be mentioning it when i go back for it, yeah the tyres are 235/35 r19 and where Dunlop tyres on it, when i took it for a test drive . Also when does the cambelt need done on these cars?

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Il be mentioning it when i go back for it, yeah the tyres are 235/35 r19 and where Dunlop tyres on it, when i took it for a test drive . Also when does the cambelt need done on these cars?

4 or 5 years, depending on whether you follow SEAT or Audi guidelines lol

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

Check the speed/ load rating, iirc it should be 91Y.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members