Cupra r grill swap

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
was wondering if I could replace the grills on the cupra r bumper with the standard one on my mk1 bumper I know the mouth bit is way too small but was thinking about the grills either side of the badge? Cheers

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Won't fit . There's more to them grills than what you can see ,
They sit inside the number and run along the bumper inside which is where the Cupra r has an extra air intake so won't fit in standard bumper far as I'm aware

As you can see , Cupra r , top sport , and standard are all unique to their own bumper

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
Is that the part no for the cupra r 1 at the top? Mines damaged so gunna need to buy that and the mouth bit before I paint and fit them they seem quite high price wise any1 know of any second hand grills going thanks in advance.

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Maybe this sound stupid but you could grab the last one (for seat Leon/Toledo) and have it glued/attached to your existing Cupra R inside bumper part. They are the same.

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
I've done abit search and I also need arch fillers and bumper guides,anybody help with a link that stocks grills,guides and arch fillers lol if there's any1 that's done the bumper upgrade give me abit of advice on what they done when installing everything it would help me out alot.thanks in advance

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
I've done the full swap ,
Didn't bother with the longer wheel arch , never had an issue
The bumper Guides I got with the bumper , best place is eBay for them .
Also my grills where already in the bumper but I think they are a fair price . and wouldn't get new much cheaper unless you get used , also just incase you haven't realised . The centre grill with the seat "S" badge in is also unique to the R bumper they are a different shape and size from other
Bumpers

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I've done abit search and I also need arch fillers and bumper guides,anybody help with a link that stocks grills,guides and arch fillers lol if there's any1 that's done the bumper upgrade give me abit of advice on what they done when installing everything it would help me out alot.thanks in advance

Hi there.

I'm doing the front bumper full swap from Leon TDi to Cupra R.
I bought bumper second hand 150€. The grills and guides and limp and arches and bumper inside are all new from a Seat ex-dealer.
You can find the OEM prices from everything (scroll way down) here:
https://www.seat-leon.de/shop/seatleon/index.php?cPath=33

Regards

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I've done the full swap ,
Didn't bother with the longer wheel arch , never had an issue
The bumper Guides I got with the bumper , best place is eBay for them .
Also my grills where already in the bumper but I think they are a fair price . and wouldn't get new much cheaper unless you get used , also just incase you haven't realised . The centre grill with the seat "S" badge in is also unique to the R bumper they are a different shape and size from other
Bumpers

Yes, thats true. I had that doubt and realized they are diferent centre grill.
https://www.seat-leon.de/shop/seatleon/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=516

https://www.seat-leon.de/shop/seatleon/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=650

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise