Cupra R - is this normal

tomstacey

SEATed conformably
Aug 10, 2011
Hey folks,

I’ve just bought a Cupra R that was a dealer demo. I have a couple of questions - 1 the rear lights are on all the time with the front DRLs (so it has front and rear DRL). My old 15 plate Cupra only had the fronts on all the time?

Also, the Stop/Start system is off by default. On my old car it was on by default? Is that also normal?

Thanks in advance

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hey folks,

I’ve just bought a Cupra R that was a dealer demo. I have a couple of questions - 1 the rear lights are on all the time with the front DRLs (so it has front and rear DRL). My old 15 plate Cupra only had the fronts on all the time?

Also, the Stop/Start system is off by default. On my old car it was on by default? Is that also normal?

Thanks in advance
Yes both are normal. Rear DRL's are since the facelift and no doubt in line with some new EU rulings.

And I need the auto stop start off by default in my life, @paddy6789 has it on his R! Well jealous!

tomstacey

SEATed conformably
Aug 10, 2011
Odd about the Stop Start..?

Oh well, it’s easy to turn on if I did want it on!

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Odd about the Stop Start..?

Oh well, it’s easy to turn on if I did want it on!
from what ive read, people were looking to it off to stop the car stalling? at junctions. idk there was an issue with pulling away when in a rush. do you know how to re-enable it?

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Cupra R 2018 - If you deactivate Start Stop with the button it won’t stop. The mode is “off” and if you restart the car 12 h later the value is stored /retained in same mode “off”. This is great! :drunk:Who want S/S to turn of the engine half warm… not me.

On my Golf 7 -18 I have adjusted it with VCDS (same with former Golf 7:s). Don’t want to press the button after every starting occasion.

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Cupra R 2018 - If you deactivate Start Stop with the button it won’t stop. The mode is “off” and if you restart the car 12 h later the value is stored /retained in same mode “off”. This is great! :drunk:Who want S/S to turn of the engine half warm… not me.

On my Golf 7 -18 I have adjusted it with VCDS (same with former Golf 7:s). Don’t want to press the button after every starting occasion.
wish the normal cupra was like that i had to use carista to turn it off.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Most of the Carista/OBD11 is to completely disable the start stop. I want to just make it off by default and be able to turn it back on.

Deleted member 103408

Just for those new to this there are plenty of threads out there about building your own kill switch so by default the SS Is off but can be turned back on

Example http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...switch-who-wants-help-108932.html#post1154903

or you can buy one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Star...m=322352078637&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

never tried them

I have also recently seen that on the Audi http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/2017/01/11/audi-start-stop-memory-function/ its possible to code a memory function so that it remembers where you left the switch but so far cant see it matches mqb coding i have

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Damo H
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.